• Session Expiration not work?

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44680  by domxuanhoa

Dear all,

I just installed OpenKM on Windows (OpenKM Comunity 6.3.4 and OS window 7, Tomcat-7.0.61)
I have a problem with session expiration. According to the forum.openkm.com reference, I have added in web.xml file located in the directory : tomcat \ webapps \ OpenKM.war
Code: Select all
<session-config>
   <session-timeout> 5</ session-timeout>
</ session-config>
However, this does not work. The user log on and leave nothing active from morning to afternoon session still

And second problem: when user finish log in, if I stop application OpenKM and restart app, on user's web browser appear notification:

Error when communicating with server (getUpdateMassage)

But user jut refresh web brower to relogin without type user & pw

Please help me !

Thank you !
 #44691  by jllort

Increase the values of keep.session.alive.interval, schedule.session.keepalive and schedule.dashboard.refresh. More information about these parameters at
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... eters.html ( I suggest increase to a value higher of 5 ). Consider during more than 5 minutes you should not click on any openkm UI button etc... otherwise the count will be 0 again.
 #44734  by domxuanhoa

Thks for your reply !

I was set values of:
keep.session.alive.interval: 5
schedule.session.keepalive: 15
schedule.dashboard.refresh: 30
But user's session still not expire (not click on any openkm UI button etc...).

Do I need to do something else?
 #44740  by jllort

Session will expire when after 30 minutes ( if you have not changed web.xml ) has not been done any connection. To prevent losing session while OpenKM UI is openned there's a background process - named keep alive - what periodically is called to prevent session losing. The values of the methods you have set after should be greater than session to do not keep alive, otherwise this methods will be executed periodically and the session will never be closed.
 #44750  by domxuanhoa

hi,
I followed your instructions as follows:
- in file web.xml:
<session-config>
<session-timeout> 5</ session-timeout>
</ session-config>
- in Configuration:
keep.session.alive.interval: 30
schedule.session.keepalive: 30
schedule.dashboard.refresh: 30
but still nothing other than before configuration
Please support me in this case
Thks !
 #44752  by jllort

Might be the problem is with the Popup Notification what check for news each minute. Take a look at WorkspaceUserProperties.java line 473. Try to disable it. Might be something what is refreshing the UI, consider you must do not touch the UI during more than 5 minutes to check if the session has been expired.
 #44756  by domxuanhoa

Hi jllort,

Thank for your support !

I'm not coder so that I don't know about java code. Do you have other guide for me?

Thks !
 #44764  by jllort

No, seems it is needed code changes or at least audit why is not closing the session. Really our effors has been going in direction of preventing session close, because on AJAX scenario ( the frontend UI ) where several threads ( javascript ) are on execution in parallel only one of them periodically or several in combination do some query to the server, the session set the time again to zero. I think changing the parameters as I indicated in one of the previous should be enought, but for what you are telling is not the case. Can you try something to be sure the web.xml change you have applied has really been done.
1- Authenticate to OpenKM/admin ( this is not an AJAX application ) if after 7 minutes you refresh the url in the browser the session should be lost. If it not happens then I suspect your web.xml change might be is missing.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.