• Configuring the new document wizard

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44443  by dferguson

I wish to use the document wizard to enable keywords, metadata, etc. to be added when a new document is added. I have wizard enabled in the profile configuration for the user in question.
profile config.png
profile config.png (49.35 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
However when a new document is added only 'notify users' and 'import from ZIP' is available.
doc wizard.png
doc wizard.png (11.02 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
I read up on using the wizard and perhaps if I wanted to add other items to the document wizard I needed to do so through automation. I followed the instructions here https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ation.html to enable the automation (including automation validations and actions). I then went onto create automation.
automation.png
automation.png (49.61 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
But still the wizard only shows 'notify users' and 'import from zip'.

Am I doing this wrong?
 #44446  by jllort

When you enable an automation task, automatically the profiles section what refers about wizard has not effect. I think might be a mistake in automation, what event did you registered ( should be "document creation" ) and also I suggest choose at "post" ( pre has not sense, you want to ask for keyword after - post - document creation ).

Add an screenshot with more detail to see the "event" and if you have chosen at "post".
If you do not set any validation then should execute always, might be good idea set "path contains" validation from root, otherwise the wizard might appear also if you create documents in your personal folder, templates etc...
 #44465  by jllort

Use PathContains rather FolderContains, the validation will never be true with your actual configuraton.
 #44486  by dferguson

With your suggestions I was able to get the automation rule to work. However I have been trying to get a new automation for when a document gets moved to a specific folder. But can't get it to work.
new rule 1.png
new rule 1.png (8.26 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
new rule.png
new rule.png (21.89 KiB) Viewed 2988 times
 #44496  by jllort

The move event implementation in 6.3 takes in consideration the origin folder ( when validate the path you have set there, really is validating origin, not destination ), but not the destination folder. Should create some new Validation for it, the existing ones will not going as you wish.
It's a discussion we have had and what is still not clear for us, really in a operation like move or copy, you might be interested in evaluating the origin or the destination ( both seems right ), but at the begining we thought have more sense evaluate the origin rather destination and all methods what have this possibility really only are evaluating the first condition.
 #44501  by dferguson

OK, I follow however the wizard is only showing up for new documents. No matter what I try I cannot get the wizard to show up for a document move. I added a "AddKeyword" to the document move rule and it works. But any UI interaction isn't executing.
 #44514  by jllort

Wizard is only shown while document creation is not linked with other events. Should modify the source code for it ( and I think is not a trivial modification ). If you want I can share try to guide you on it.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.