• Configuring folder security using Roles

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44385  by dferguson

I have tried to implement a new role "ROLE_ENG" and I want to give it access to the entire folder structure. When I change all my users to this new role and then edit the security any given folder from "ROLE_USER" to "ROLE_ENG" the new rules don't work. No one with that role ("ROLE_ENG") can see the folder(s). I have to change the folder security back to "ROLE_USER" before the folders return. It is acting like the "ROLE_ENG" doesn't exist even though the user list shows their role as "ROLE_ENG" not "ROLE_USER". I have reloaded the browser(s). Do I need to restart tomcat for these to take effect?
 #44394  by jllort

It not necessary restarting tomcat, I think must be some mistake in the process. Please share with us the screenshots:
1- Show security applied at the begining and how user see the folder ( user )
2- Show roles of the user ( administration view ), ensure roles does not have white spaces or strange character ( might be a reason of the issue ) ( administrator )
3- Change security in folder and show the security tab with changes applied ( administrator )
4- Show the user perspective again. ( user )
 #44426  by dferguson

It seems I may have been creating a race conditioning by changing the roles and then trying to check too quickly. It appears as if everything is working as intended. Thanks for replying.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.