• JSP page /login_desktop.jsp 65 error

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44000  by FJ1200

I'm getting the following at the login page:
Code: Select all
Class: 	org.apache.jasper.JasperException
Message: 	An exception occurred processing JSP page /login_desktop.jsp at line 68 65: Language 66:
The line in the .jsp file refers to the j_language variable but I'm no dev and I'm not a great with Java, so any help appreciated.

This install is in a lab environment on a CentOS 7 vm so happy to blow it away and start again but will possible be implementing it into a production environment in a few weeks time. This is a test environment and is for extensive and heavy evaluation. Having used Documentum for some time, I'm looking for something similar and this may give it to me but its not working yet.
 #44027  by jllort

Did you used the OKMInstaller.jar for it ?
Might be a problem with database, did you installed mariadb or mysql ? can you check if have been created the tables and if the table OKM_LANGUAGE have records into.
 #44035  by FJ1200

I'm running Mariadb. There don't appear to be any tables in the DB. "show tables" on okmdb returns an empty set.

I've re-run through the db config section and it looks good.

In the "Edit the file $TOMCAT_HOME/OpenKM.xml" section - it looks the same as what I have from default.

Under the Run application section I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do - I restarted tomcat but nothing has changed.

I might blow it away and start again from scratch - this is a lab environment just for testing so its not a problem.

FWIW I'm a long-time Unix and Linux user and MySQL user but a bit rusty on the DB side.
 #44037  by FJ1200

Rebuilt a clean vm in VMW Workstation and have the same issue, having fought my way through setting permissions n odd places. the tomcat "work" directory, for example, was listed in the logs as 'unusable'. fixed that but now back to the same 'lang' problem.

Java is v8.131
Using MariaDB
MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| okmdb              |
| performance_schema |
| test               |
+--------------------+

MariaDB [(none)]> use okmdb
Database changed
MariaDB [okmdb]> show tables;
Empty set (0.00 sec)
I'm not great with Java tbh so any help gratefully revieved.
 #44047  by jllort

Ensure OpenKM.cfg
hibernate.hbm2ddl=create
Check conf/server.xml MySQL configuration ( user / password / database name )
<Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" validationQuery="select 1"
            username="openkm" password="*****" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/okmdb?autoReconnect=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF8"/>
When you executed the installer and inquired you to write database name, did you wrote "mysql" ? Ensure into server.xml file the only uncommented section is the MySQL section otherwiser you might have enabled other database or none of them.

Also the catalina.log file, will shown you some error while trying to start the application.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.