• 6.3.4 Preview problem

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43915  by gobris

Hello,
I have installed openkm on ubuntu server.
And started the tomcat.
Able to login.

Added document.. but preview does not work.
It doesnt seem a problem abut my browser (tried with chrome and IE) because it was showing preview on demo page of openkm.

When i click on document (tried with png and pdf files) i can see starting conversion on the right bottom of the screen.
But it doesnt show up anything.
Plus.. I dont see any error logs on catalina.out and kmlog files.
 #43922  by jllort

The community preview needs adobe flash player support in your browser, might be this is the problem. Professional version preview feature works with HTML5 but for commercial reasons of the preview tool we use for it, we can not share this version in community release and is only available the flash one.
 #43927  by gobris

Hello
Yes you are right.
After installing Flash Player I started to see the preview.

Thank you

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.