• Unable to Preview

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43594  by juansta

I have recently upgraded to 6.3.3 and we are having issues previewing and office document.

We are able to download to PDF, but the preview window constantly shows the following error;
Code: Select all
License key not accepted (no key passed to viewer). Obtain a license from http://flexpaper.devaldi.com/
We never really had the preview working in previous version... Maybe the error was always there...

In keeping with the GPL and the whole Open Source feel... Is there an alternative to flexpaper (flowpaper?) we can use instead?
 #43601  by jllort

Really flexpaper now is flow paper, and yes you can replace it with ( but might be done some changes in source code for it ). We had been working in new installer officially released and early we will try to release a virtual machine with all improvements and OpenKM into yet to be used. At the present we are working in making videos about how use the installer tool.

Did you tryed to refresh the browser ? might be browser cache is the problem.
 #43652  by jcropper

I just upgraded from 6.3.2 to 6.3.3. I did have the previewer working correctly on the old version. Since the upgrade, I get the same error about no license key. I have tried this on 3 different browsers and they all have the same result. It doesn't matter if it is a DOCX, XLSX, PDF or any graphic format. All previews give the same error.
 #43659  by jllort

Try with it:
- Stop OpenKM
- Delete folder webapps/OpenKm and work/Catalina/localhost
- Start OpenKM
- Ensure clean browser cache
- Go to administration profile and take a look if print option is checked otherwise check.
- Try previewing a PDF document
 #43678  by jcropper

I have tried the instructions you listed above, but I still see an error anytime I try to preview any document. Please see the image below:

#43698  by jcropper

Just to try and put all information out that I can about this issue, I have discovered the following:

Fresh install of Windows 10
Fresh install of OpenKM 6.3.3 per the video on the web site
Uploaded a few files (pdf, doc, xls extensions)
On the machine running OpenKM, the preview function works perfectly.
On any machine connecting to OpenKM through the network, the preview fails with the error message.
 #43713  by jllort

There's some bug with the lastest OpenKM and preview, we have been able to reproduce it. It has take some time, because the browser cache was lying us and we had not been able to reproduce until we have configured in a totally clean server. We are trying to solve it, hope next week will have a release what solve it.
 #43778  by jcropper

Just updated my system to 6.3.4 and the preview is working perfectly now. Thank you to all involved in finding and correcting the bug that was preventing it from working.
 #43788  by Zeezzraj

Hi I just updated to 6.3.4 community too, still the same message:
License Key not accepted.png
License Key not accepted.png (58.14 KiB) Viewed 7163 times
Thanks Guys.

Edit:
I had deleted the old OpenKM directory in the webapps folder and replaced the war.
 #43802  by jllort

1- Stop openkm.
2- Ensure you have deleted /webapps/OpenKM and work/Catalina/localhost folders
3- Ensure you have cleaned the browser cache
4- Start openkm ( should go right )
 #44739  by isuru

Hi,

Im Using community latest edition please some one help me add the annotation bar to the viewer.

Viewer is working using flex paper but the annotation and edit bar is not there.

Please help me this is top urgent.

Thanks
I
 #44747  by jllort

You are talking about add notes to the documents ? This feature is only present in OpenKM professional edition, one of the reasons behind is that is based in flowpaper previewer what in the community edition does not have this kind of feature. We can not release flowpaper professional edition by license terms restrictions into the community ( hope I had explained clearly ).
 #44774  by TimmyLi

We used 6.3.3 to do some software customization, and also had problems with file preview. Can you tell me how to solve it? Thank you very much.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.