• IMAP Configuration

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43527  by juansta

Is there a way to only import specific IMAP folders?

At the moment, I can only import anything from 'INBOX'. But within 'INBOX' I may have a seperate folder 'ProjectA'.

In the configuration, I am not able to configure using 'INBOX/ProjectA'.

What is the syntax to allow me to retrieve specific IMAP folders only?
Is this possible?
 #43539  by jllort

Are you sure exists "/INBOX/Project A", because it might get it running with any IMAP folder. For example, I have configured with Gmail tags ( what works as folders ) and goes right.
 #43578  by juansta

Yes, all other email clients find the folders...

I have tried;

INBOX/ProjectA
ProjectA
/ProjectA

But I am unable to view email in specific folder only.
 #43589  by jllort

And about the tree folder you write here, exists all ?
What OpenKM version you are using ?
 #43593  by juansta

jllort wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:08 am And about the tree folder you write here, exists all ?
My email client (kMail) finds the folders in the root of the mail box (so "\ProjectA" exists)... But when I try and check the configuration using the mail interface on OpenKM, it tells me that the configuration is invalid. The only folder that seems to work is "INBOX".

I was running 6.3.2, but have recently upgraded (forcefully due to possible repository corruption) to 6.3.3.

This is still the case with this version. INBOX is the only folder I can import. It would also be nice, from a project viewpoint, to track SENT items also, but I am not able to do this...

Just to let you know, we wont be pursuing emails any further. It seems to be a little clunky at the moment. Aside from the above, all my mails (stored on server using IMAP) were also marked as unread as they were imported by OpenKM... Not good when your stored mail goes back to 2012... :)
 #43600  by jllort

When you configure imap again, it will comes back from the begining. There a column into table OKM_MAIL_ACCOUNT named MA_MLAST_UID what is used to identify the last mail readed, modifying it can jump to specific newer mail.

About import issue with folders rather INBOX, I can provide you the classes and methods in source code you should check for solve it. In professional version there are some improvements about them what are not present in community. Anyway folder from root imap node should be read. If you want to work in the source code notice to me.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.