• Email Filters

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43526  by juansta

Im having issues applying email filters to IMAP messages (well to old ones it seems)... Hoping somehow can give some pointers...

I have added an IMAP account to a user... I can see emails (all of them) under that user name. This works fine.

I then added a filter, for 'Project A'. These filters work as expected, and I can see emails in the Taxonomy as expected (going back to 2014).

Ok this is great, it actually works... Lets do the same for projects B, C and D...

Unfortunately, it seems as though only NEW emails are filtered for these new projects...

Is there a way to retrospectively filter emails (again)? This is a great feature (mail filters) and I would like to apply it across the board, but parsing old and new emails...

Can I force a filter parse over an entire email set? As an 'Import' function I guess...
Is it tied into the mail importer cron?
Can I setup another script to force this?

I am running 6.3.2-build8289 (I haven't built up the courage to upgrade yet)
 #43538  by jllort

Not possible, when you have imported the e-mail it has been created a new object into OpenKM. You do not have correspondence between the mail in the IMAP with mail imported into OpenKM. There's a cursor ( like database ) what is used by OpenKM to continue reading from some specific ldap point. You should import all the mails again.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.