• OpenLDAP Configuration

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42881  by samudaya

Dear Expert,

I would like to get expert advice for OpenLDAP configuration and I have few questions. My environment as follows;

Version - OpenKM Community Edition 6.3.2
OS - Ubuntu 14.04
Server - Apache Tomcat Version 7.0.53

Q1) Can Community Edition with Tomcat be configured for OpenLDAP authentication ?
Q2) What is the different between OpenKM.cfg and Administration > Configuration Web interface?

# Can I clearly know what are the steps (files) I have to follow to configure OpenLDAP with OpenKM

I would highly appreciate if you can give me good advice !

Thanks
Samu
 #42887  by jllort

It can be configured with OpenLdap, you can start looking in our documentation at https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/LDAP_examples and here https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Ldap-example1 you have an specific sample for opeldap.

We suggest first modify Administration > Configuration parameters ( these are used for listing users and roles ). After changing this parameter principal.adapter=com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter you should restarting OpenKM, login at OpenKM/admin/ and continue until getting the list of users and roles.

Later when you finished with step described before we suggest work with OpenKM.xml. I suggest this sequence, because when you modify OpenKM.xml are changing login, and discovering mistages here is more complex and tedious rather working first from Administration > Configuration parameters, where you are still logged and changes can be made on fly. After success in showing lists of users and roles can plan to switch autentication - OpenKM.xml - to ldap, sure with less problems.
 #42899  by samudaya

Dear Jllort,

Wish you a happy new year 2017

Thousand thanks for your reply. However, I didn't get list of users and roles. As you mentioned, I did edit Administration > Configuration and not yet edit OpenKM.xml. I have attached screenshot of my configuration and LDAP structure for kind reference.

Thanks lots.

LDAP Structure;
LDAP Structure
LDAP Structure
LDAP_Structure.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 2405 times

Configuration;
Configuration
Configuration
OpenKM_Configuration.jpg (205.72 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
 #42901  by jllort

Did you changed the parameter principal.adapter=com.openkm.principal.LdapPrincipalAdapter and after it did you restarted OpenKM ?
In your ldap server I think there missing the "ldap://" should be something like "principal.ldap.server=ldap://192.168.xxx.xxx:389"
 #42903  by samudaya

Dear Jllort,

It is working fine now. Thank you very much for your great support.

Thanks lots.

Best Regards
Samu

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.