• Version History: Change name while updating

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42714  by Ebatian

Hello OpenKM Community!

I have recently started an internship at a company that has now tasked me with creating a DMS for them.
I'm a completely new to Linux and OpenKM, so please try to explain things to me in a simple manner.

My problem currently is that the documents which I have to load into the system often have their name changed when updated.
Is there a way to update a document in the DMS with a differently named file and have the document adopt the name of said file automatically while remembering the file's old name in the version history? I would like to be able to download a previous version of the document and receive a file under the previous name.

Example:
File name: Manual_2015_CK.pdf // Version: 1.0
File name: Manual_2016_VK.pdf // Version: 1.1

Thank you in advance!
 #42728  by jllort

For it the source code should be modified ( not trivial modfication ). In history you are watching the document versions but we are not saving the document name, this information should be saved in some table to be used later.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.