• Document Versions

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42292  by juansta

I have successfully installed and I am currently hosting a local tomcat server running behind apache2... This is great.

Im now wanting to update the repository from our existing document controls. I would like to ideally start fresh from OpenKM (not worry about document histories) but would like to maintain the same document revision numbers.

Is there a way, say with the initial upload) to set the revision number? For example, our current revision for a document it 4.2. I would like OpenKM to start revision number from there for this document. Another is 3.2, and so on...

Currently it seems revision numbering is 'read-only'?

I dont mind using a 'back-door' this one time for initial configuration... But I just cant find it...
 #42302  by jllort

here have two options:
1- create .okm ( it's a json file ) ( can check export and import )
2- update the database directly after importing ( if you have unique names or based in path can find the documents quickly ).
Take a look at column named NDV_NAME in table OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT_VERSION
Code: Select all
SELECT * FROM OKM_NODE_DOCUMENT_VERSION limit 10; 

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.