• Java exception when accessing OPENKM

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42125  by silverspr

Hello
Its been a while since I've been here! I am trying to recover from a system crash. I have restored my openkm data files and am running 6.3.1 community using mysql 5.7 on Ubuntu 15.04. When ever I access the application via the server http://server:8080/OpenKM/login.jsp I receive a application-class exception. See below
Screenshot_javaerr.png
Screenshot_javaerr.png (10.55 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
I am able to start both the mysql instance and tomcat:
screenshot-catstart.png
screenshot-catstart.png (45.17 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
any help is appreciated
 #42128  by jllort

When you talk about, restore data, whad have you done ? could you explain the steps.
About older backup data, was the same OpenKM version ?
Which java jdk version are you using for starting openkm ?
Finally, delete catalina.log file, start openkm and share with us here the catalina.log file ( I would like to take a look in deep about the error ).
 #42130  by silverspr

HI, thanks for answering. This is a bit convoluted:
The openKM app was restored from a 6 month old backup (I know...). It has been migrated to 6.3.1 and is working. Because it is 6 months old its not up to date.

To update: all I have from left from the system crash are my home and var directories mounted as separate partitions containing the most recent data. I have taken both the the tomcat repository folder and the okm-db from the home and var partitions respectively and replaced the existing folders/files in the functioning out of date 6.3.1 openKM application (sitting on a crippled server). When restarting the now modified openKM (with the replaced files) this is when I get the java error. Which I think is caused by the mysql database not starting (getting socket errors, nothing I've done helps). I think I'm hooped....

If I page through the repository data store "manually", by date I can see the new documents... I just can't see them in the application itself.

sigh...always when I upgrade to a new server version I seem to have problems :)

catalina log attached...had to zip it.
(8.54 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
thanks
 #42143  by jllort

Seems the problem is with mysql connection or mysql database which is not started up.
Ensure from command line you can connect to the database ( look server.xml for openkm credentials )
Ensure connection url ( at server.xml ) is correct ( if you connect to localhost or connecting to ip etc... )
Ensure you are able to see okmdb database ( or the name you have choosen for openkm database ) with the user you are using for connecting.
 #42152  by silverspr

[Solved]
Thanks for the reply.
I was finally able to restart mysql, not entirely sure what I did to fix it!! I think it was file permissions on /var/mysql which is where the openkm database was stored.

Long story short: Success! I restored the original repository/data store from an old backup and replaced the backup with the most current datastore and mysql folder.

thanks for all your help, I can't imagine how you do it trying to fix other's issues without being there to see what they messed up!!
 #42159  by jllort

In ten years we have seen a lot of errors which usually are recurrent. Obvisouly without connecting to the server is more difficult, but always we can share some clues about what might be happening. I suggest go to Administration > Tools > and execute the "repository checker". It's always a good practice to check everything is present in database, also is referenced in the file system.
 #42160  by silverspr

HI Thanks...
wasn't sure what the options meant...
so I checked them all, what does this mean and how do I fix it!!
Checksum failure for node '6222181c-29be-4e97-92d0-1359ff886531' and version '1.0'

s
 #42161  by jllort

Checksum falliure means the checksum ( hash value ) of the document you uploaded is not the same of the document is now present in the datastore. That means something has been changed in your file system.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.