• How to provide print button/link to a document

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41355  by Jiten@TS

I need to provide a print button/link which can print some specific fields from metadata of a particular document. Is it possible to provide this kind of additional print button/link ?

Thanks in advance ! :)
 #41370  by Jiten@TS

Appreciate your efforts for quick answer but my friend what I want is completely different. I want specific document metadata to be printed.

Please refer attachment for my specific requirement for print.
I want to print specific documents metadata on a small piece of paper as shown in attachment.
Attachments
just for reference
just for reference
components_printdemo.jpg (84.72 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
 #41403  by jllort

In this scenario you should extend the application features, the most quick should be a button for printing pdf as your needs.

If you want I can guide in source code about what you should looking for. But before starting take in mind you should create a pdf ( might be a report with scripting ) based on your metadata ( servlet ).
 #41438  by jllort

Could be done some king of integration between virtual printer or similar. Or more easy, some server script -> export from OpenKM and each time a document goes into that folder send to printer. There are several options, I suggest taking the easiest.
 #41933  by creya

are there any sample of how to accomplish this? "virtual printer" or "some server script -> export from OpenKM and each time a document goes into that folder send to printer"?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.