• [SOLVED] Preview problem on some user

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41277  by welcomeweb

Good day,
sorry for my poor english.
i have problem with some user, they don't see preview, but with okmAdmin i can see preview.

The error is this:
The system has generated an error
Conversion C:\openkm-6.3.0-community\tomcat\temp\[namefile] (impossibile to find the specified file)

I see that in system properties the value catalina.base is equal to "C:\openkm-6.3.0-community\tomcat", but my real folder is "C:\openkm\tomcat"

How can i change this value?
I think that this generated the problem.
What is strange is that it works with okmAdmin
Do you have an explanation for this?
Last edited by welcomeweb on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #41278  by welcomeweb

Sorry, my mistake...
I see that in system properties the value catalina.base is equal to "C:\openkm-6.3.0-community\tomcat", but my real folder is "C:\openkm\tomcat"
it's not true, the right folder is "C:\openkm-6.3.0-community\tomcat"

So...i don't understand why, by the okmadmin or another admin i see preview, from other users i can't see preview
 #41279  by welcomeweb

i resolved by myself :D
In Administration / profiles i checked option in tab General "Acrobat plugin preview"

Thanks anyway
 #41284  by jllort

Application comes with several ways to preview documents, if you use browser preview ( embeded acrobat reader preview ) then your users must have acrobat support in the browsers. The default preview goes with macro media flash player preview ( you should also get it enabled in your computers to take it running ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.