• Users/Groups

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #204  by Hugh

Excuse my ignorant on this topic but I am a newbie with this middleware and JBOSS.

I have found the files which one can define user name/pass and groups.

$JBOSS_DIR/server/default/conf/props/openkm-users.properties

My question is that I would like to define these UserRol and AdminRol with r/w options for each folders. I would like a management group to have access only to their _stuff_

UserRol
AdminRol

Any help from you is appreciative.

Cheerfulness,

--Hugh
 #205  by pavila

You can assing user to roles in the file $JBOSS_DIR/server/default/conf/props/openkm-roles.properties. After that, you can manage document / folder permissions from the web user interface.
 #207  by Hughes

Thank you Pavila for answering my question. Please excuse my poor writing.

I understoof the openkm-roles.properties, however my question is:

Inside this file $JBOSS_DIR/server/default/conf/props/openkm-roles.properties

system=AdminRol
user1=UserRol
user2=UserRol
user3=UserRol

I want to be able to define HrRol, RDRol, MyRol, OthersRol. thats\' my question.

Thank you for your help.
 #208  by jllort

A final consideration !!!

UserRol must be used as a connection rol, you might define other groups like this:

system=AdminRol
user1=UserRol,RolTeam1
user2=UserRol,RolTeam2
user3=UserRol,RolTeam1,RolTeam2

And change at firt starting openkm the grants on okm:root removing UserRol and setting RolTeam1, RolTeam2

UserRol must not be used to manage openkm +R +W, because all users mandatory must have it. UserRol is used to set connection grant to openkm and then must use other roles to separate users visibility.

If you use UserRol on OpenKM Grants all users by default have access to it.
 #309  by Hughes

I don\'t know what am I doing wrong but when I add a user to this file:
Code: Select all
OpenKM-2.0a_JBoss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/conf/props/openkm-users.properties
I would go to my browser (I.E. 7 or Firefox 2.x) enter in the URL

http://mydomain:8888/OpenKM

I would enter the person\'s name and password:

in this case testusr and password testusr

which is defined in the file above:
Code: Select all
testusr=testusr
I get this error and I can\'t add user for some apparent reason.
HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden.
 #310  by jllort

Have you put correct role ( roles.properties)

testusr=UserRol, RolX, RolY ( remember always must have UserRol -> grant to openkm connect)
 #311  by Hughes

I forgot to mention that I have done that.

I just try this and it worked but it is not the way I want it to work.

1- Add a user
2- Stop the server
3- Restart the server
4- Login fine

Is there a way we can add users without reloading the server?

Thank you so much for your prompt response!
 #312  by jllort

Seems to be an issue on jboss cache.

Database login autentication runs well ( OpenKm enterprise ), restart is not needed. Seems to be a problems with properties files an jboss cache ( on jboss 4.0.1 was present and seems on 4.2.2 is still there ).

It only happens when tries to change the same user at the time you\'re loading. If you add new user, and makes login well this not happens, seems first time jboss caches information.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.