• Make Property Group non-deleteable

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #39423  by barghest

Hello,

Is it possible to make a Property Group non-deleteable after it is created? For example, making the "Datos" property group from the "unique name" Scripting example non-deleteable, such that no user could accidentally delete the information? I am aware that i can make the group as well as the fields read-only, but they still could be deleted by accident.
 #39448  by barghest

jllort wrote:All the property group can be read-only
Yes, i am aware of this feature. This would not prevent anyone from deleting the property group, however.

Thank you for the information on extended security - are there plans to implement this feature in the Community Edition, or does the Community Edition have other means to ensure that property groups cannot be deleted by users?
 #39535  by jllort

The actual privilege only goes on direction of update ( that also include not delete ). In your scenario should be necessary work with two grants ( delete and update ), first one is not implemented.
 #41063  by mountain73

Hi jllort.

In your last post, I understand that in community version it is possible to restrict property group update.
When I look in documentation you refer to, I cannot see how to perform this. I only saw the reference to security mask to enable but it seems to be only available in professionnal version.

Could you please help me in setting this up?
Thanks a lot.

Regards
mountain73
 #41080  by jllort

It's only available on professional version, you can implement it in community or wait until we release it.
 #41091  by jllort

The actual roadmap priority will give you some idea ( goals in order by priority ):
- January / February release the new version of the web.
- Februay / March ( release the OpenKM Knowledge Center -> something new we have been working las year ).
- April ( Release the OpenKM Knowledge Center based developement environment based in OSGI ).
- Undefined date -> finish the documentation at kcenter for OpenKM community version ( for us is a community priority, actual wiki is a big messi )
- Make improvements on actual community UI look and feel to get more modern appearence.
- Release new Community version based on OpenKM Professional 6.3 ( probably will be the last release based on this 6.3 )

On a realistyc estimation I think will be at the ends of the year 2016:
2014-08-28 we released 6.3
2015-10-16 we released 6.3.1

Take it as a reference.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.