• Binding the repository to JNDI and RMI

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #169  by madhu

Hi all,

I am trying to access the OpenKM repository by using a stand alone client, with out webservices, for this i need to Bind the repository to JNDI or RMI.

As we are deploying the OpenKm in Jboss I think it is better to bind the Repository to Jndi and RMI defaultly as in org\\apache\\jackrabbit\\j2ee\\RepositoryStartupServlet.java.

I am posting this to the forum because, i am unable to download the source code(may be due to some firewall issues), i thought it is better to have some default functionality.:(

Thanks and Regards
madhu
 #171  by jllort

pavila he\'ll answers later about jndi ...

About your problems with source code, I don\'t understand what have you been trying ?

Take a look at developers guide if you want to have the same environment that we\'ve got actually (http://www.openkm.com/component/option, ... per_guide/) also we\'re looking to adopt on a near future Eclipse Europa but for now we\'ve still not changed.

Or this url http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=180733 where is explained how to checkout cvs code.
 #175  by pavila

Actually is not a good idea because it requires some important source changes. The best way is using webservices. In a near future OpenKM will expose RMI by default, but not now.
 #177  by madhu

Thanks jllort and pavila,

Actually i am trying to checkout the source code as per the documentation, as i am behind a firewall I am unable to check-out the source code from CVS(may be the firewall is blocking the port 2401).

Using RMI by default is fine, are you planning this in the next release?

Thanks alot
 #179  by pavila

RMI is java only. You should try WebServices for better integration. RMI support won\'t be available in a short term release. Why RMI i so important for you?
 #192  by madhu

Hi,

I tried using webservices, Actually i need to add some extra metadata to a document. For this i tried using PropertyGroup, as this is not exposed as a webservice, I used DirectPropertyGroupModule directly by placing the jar. but here i faced a problem accessing the repository concurrenly as the repo is locked either by UI or my client.

I checkedout the code, to build the webservice but i am unable to repackage the application by CTRL+SHIFT+F2, Can any one help me what could be the problem.

Tthanks in advance.
 #193  by pavila

Perhaps you should try to use JBoss IDE 1.6 because we develop with this Eclipse plugins. May be you use another Eclipse flavour and need the packaging plugin.
 #194  by jllort

Take a look at developer documentation guide. We\'re still using old eclipse-IDE 1.6 plugin, but we\'ve started searching more newer plugins, still we\'re not decided for which we\'ll use on future ( we\'re trying several ), meanwhile we\'re using this.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.