• OpenKM Desktop Sync client

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28712  by raquel3rs

Hi!

Anyone knows where I can get the desktop sync client? Or is it not available anymore?

I am currently using OpenKM Version 6.3.0 (build 19594) Community.

Thank you!
 #28734  by mrox

I use OPenKMDesktop Sync v1.1.1 for OPenKM 6.2 which is working fine with OpenKM 6.3 community.
You can download this under download OpenKM (the right top corner of this page) -> Only Download -> Scroll to OpenKM Community Edition - Additional
 #28749  by jllort

This version is not sure going right in 6.3, you can try, but I suggest waiting some days until we finish it.
 #29500  by sfaustmann

Hello,
when will the Desktop Client 6.3 be available?
What's about the Desktop Client for professional 6.4

Best regards from germany,

Stefan
 #29526  by jllort

Hope at setember will be released. This is our actual planification.
 #29890  by sfaustmann

Hello again,

I'm using Desktop sync client 1.1.1 with community-edition 6.3.
It works fine but I've one point that's , for me, is disturbing.
Whenever the sync is activated there's a little window with shows what sync did. The problem is, the window gets focus so the actual work is interrupted.
Is there actually an option to deactivate the window and/or an option to configurate the time how often sync is done?

Are there changes in next version?

Best regards,

Stefan
 #29904  by jllort

Today I've started using this new version ( we've changed most things, from UI to internal implementation ). At this moment is not working very well and we're testing it in depth.
 #30255  by jllort

This week I've done some test on it and still has not arrived the time to share it, still there's some issues what has not been solved. Sorry for the inconvenience we got about 1-2 months of extra delay on it. I hope we can share next month. Problems should not need more than 1-2 weeks to be definitively solved.
 #31530  by jllort

Nest tuesday I will a new review, still is not going correctly.
 #31558  by mountain73

Hi.

As desktop synchroniser is not functional with openkm 6.3, I found an other application that performs synchronisation with Cmis: cmissync
(available at http://cmissync.org/)
In fact, synchronisation does not work properly but this seems to be due to the fact that openkm is not always CMIS compliant:
http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=3070. Maybe this also affect openkm desktop synchroniser?
Hope this can help you.
Regards

mountain73
 #31586  by jllort

Today I'm testing desktop syncs. The problem on it are not exactly the same than cmis, anyway we will take a look on it too.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.