• Scanner guide in free edition

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28557  by sada

I am trying to install scanner in my openkm free edition but i dont see anyone the scanner button in administration menu.,,
i search my files and i can only see one jar file in this path openkmcommunity\tomcat\webapps\openkm...
what i have to do to have this possibility?i dont see anyone exact guides to appear the button...please help me
 #28574  by jllort

You're talking about scanner tool from toolbar ? Must see if it's enabled in Administration -> Profiles -> ( for example default profile ) -> tab menu -> checkbox called Scanner and tab other -> checkbox Scanner
If you got it enable you should see the toolbar option ( you need browser with java support to see it ).

Other way to scan and upload images is use our windows Scan Utility - OpenKM Scanner 1.0.0 - that you can find in our openkm download section http://www.openkm.com/es/download-espanol.html. These utility is compatible with professional and community version, you should be able to use it also ( actual download website should be changed to show it more clearly ).
 #28585  by sada

Option scanner is already marked in profile administration,java is enabled as i can see from internet options but the button still remains hide..
my version is 6.2.5 and i am a little confused...is this because of the twain drivers but i think that the appearence of the button in the toolbar has nothing to do with it...
i dont know...
 #28596  by jllort

this scanner utility comes from a non supported open source project, that means nobody is maintaining it and we know in some cases is not going right, anyway we've decided to still get it because in almost cases goes right, but do not expect any king of support on it ( you can access source code if you want ). I continue suggesting use our windows scanner utility http://download.openkm.com/okm/OKMScanner%201.0.0.zip
 #28625  by diegospano

Jllort, scanner utility is only for Professional Edition. Youmention that it is also available for community? Where?

Thanks

Diego Spano
 #28652  by jllort

Should not be any problem to use the application in community version, what community version do you got, and from scanner utility what openkm version are you configuring ?
 #44760  by jllort

It depends on the goal you want with the scanning software. Usually with your scanner hardware will comes some software, also there's the Microsoft scanner tool what comes by default with the OS and you have our OpenKM scanner tool what connects directly with your OpenKM, also you have some tools like Abby Fine Reader what performs scanner plus OCR or Omnipage, etc... there are a lot of scanning tools, I think there's a previous question, for what ? explain the problem you are trying to solve and we can provide you some ideas.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.