• Using OpenKM For Clients

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1221  by wiseman

Hello,

I wanted to ask about the use and customization of OpenKM for customers to retrieve copies of their receipts / proposals and documents. I would appreciate your response.

I\'m interested in setting up OpenKM for my business. I\'d like to give each of my customers a username and password, and have each customer only have access to ONE folder -- that folder being their own name. Inside their folder, they will be able to search their existing documents and open them -- but they should not be able to modify / check in or out / or upload new documents. This is simply a means for them to access files that we link to their OpenKM account.

Is there an easy automated way to do this? To automatically create an account, and a sub folder for each customer, and automatically set the security rights to ONLY allow them access to the documents -- and nobody else.

Please advise in how I can accomplish this. Thank you in advance.
 #1225  by jllort

1- About customer username and pass:
There several ways to do, the most easy is to create a folder on root called customer, and set a folder for each customer there. Set security grant for curtomer folder only for it user and remove other security grants ( excepts what you use to your users into company ). A good option is to define a especificic rol ( CustomerRol ) for this external users.

Supose it structure:

- root
-Node 1 ( no grant for customers )
-Node 2 ( no grant for customers )
-
-Customers ( read grant to CustomerRol + Your roles )
- Customer 1 ( read grants only to one customer + Your roles)
- upload ( you could set some folder to client uploads contents .... )
- Customer 2 ( The same ... )

The search engige only enables to show documents that user has privileges to read other are filtered and not exist for it user on query results.

2- Automatic way to do it ?
At this time there\'s no automatic way to do it, if you\'ve got so a considerable number of users could be made some little process to do it ( number of users must be considerable to do it ).
 #1229  by pavila

To automatize this process you can use the API exposed by WebServices.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.