• word addin with office 2000

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #26277  by Ashen

Hi,

I'm trying to make the word addin work with office 2000 word (openkm community 6.2.5) and i simply can't figure what is the matter.
when i try to upload a new file i got this error :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/464 ... apture.JPG
and when i try to edit my word 2000 simply close.

there is no update possible before 2015 (some job-app were developed on word 2000) and i'm really want to make this add in work.

anyone got a hint ?

thanks !
 #26286  by jllort

have you downloaded latest addin from www.openkm.com download section ? because if you're using OpenKM 6.2.X should use the latest release of the addin
 #26318  by Ashen

yes i downloaded and installed the last version from the site, but still got the same error. I honestly think word 2000 is way too old but I still got some hope to make it work though.
 #26337  by jllort

OpenKM needs to copy document in file disk to be able to upload, we try make it by code but seems there's some problem with this operation in you windows 2000. Try edit file, then save and finally try to make checkin.
 #26368  by Ashen

Well it doesn't work either since the checkin button is "grey" and can't be use. Well i think i'll have to give up 'till we adopt a new office version :)
thanks fo the answers though !!
 #26635  by jllort

Normally we test with 2003 and 2007, also we got customer with 2010. But addin is compatible with 2000 should go there also. In folder addin-express there's a log what can give us some idea what's happening sometimes depends on computer configuration, I suggest try in other computer, better if is clean os ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.