• Categories or Metadata search. Multiple values.

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #26127  by klavik

Hi Guys!

I have implemented OpenKm Community Edition few months ago, organized backup and now trying to configure it for our structure needs. All I want to say that OpenKM is unique KMS system and just for free. Really cool. Thank you very much. But the only issue I realized is that there is no intersection search by categories or by properties(metadata). That ability is absulutelly usefull. I know that there was same topic approx. 1 year ago. Just need to know, Could we though hope? :lol:
 #26149  by jllort

Intersection search by categories and metadata. Can you explain with more detail, one example for me will be fine to understand what are you trying to do in search view.
 #26232  by MKochS

I believe the OP wants to perform searches like "category1"+"category2"-"category3", thus searching for objects that belong into category1 AND 2, but NOT into 3 - something I'd be interested in as well.
 #26257  by michaeled

Not exactly like directory.

Imagine you search something with the blobal search engine like the word "politics". you obtain all the result ordered by pertinence. With faceted model, you will see too all the category who a least one document is présent in the result and you can add or delete some category here to filter the result, you can see too maybe 4 choice like "<1mo" "beetween 1 and 5mo"....
Its not an advenced search because the filter (faceted) proposed is function of the search and the result is filtered in live (by checking a case or living a cursor)
 #26263  by jllort

Can you make a simple mockup to ensure it's clear to us. For what I undertand you do not see the documents you see categories related in all documents with politics word, is that ?
 #27424  by klavik

My excuses for delay.

All what I mean that if there are, for example 3 categories:
1. Mike(this is sub of "implementer")
2. Uptodate(this is sub of "status of the document")
3. Instruction (this is sub of "type of document" category)

And you want,for example, to search all documents of category "Uptodate" done by "Mike" you can't do it. Or you should explain me how. :?
 #27443  by jllort

With categories this kind of search can not be done, because we only allow select one category in the select. You should extend search, building your own UI for doing it. But with metadata can be done without major problems, because there you can select several metadata fields at same time.
 #27482  by klavik

jllort wrote:With categories this kind of search can not be done, because we only allow select one category in the select. You should extend search, building your own UI for doing it. But with metadata can be done without major problems, because there you can select several metadata fields at same time.
Thank you. I should try metadata feilds.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.