• Right to Left UI

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #25852  by alisol

Hello Guys,
I want to use openkm for farsi users and need to change direction is any solution developed yet or i have to do it myself?
Thanks
 #25865  by jllort

There's a lot of work to do it from source code. GWT supports right to left but that means should change all widgets to take in consideration that case:
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com.es ... ional.html

I think for textbox and input this is automatically detected by application ( GWT ) but in case of labels, lists, should specify it.

I do not know if could be solved in easy way with an extra table field in translations to rotate the test. The problem is that you write ABC in translation and should appear CVA, that could help in some way. Or if we got a table column the text mandatory should appear at right corner of the column.

The change to automatically rotate is really easy to be implemented.
 #25866  by alisol

Yes, I know about GWT but i want to change the main ui for example change position of left panel to right and ...
do you have any document about it and if there isn't any document what is your suggestion to do it.
And finally if i done it, how can i submit it to you for being a standard feature.
 #25875  by jllort

1- Make minimal change, in Main.java
create var
Code: Select all
boolean rightToLeft = true;
create static method
Code: Select all
public boolean isRightToLeft() {
   return rightToLeft;
}
2- Select only one Widget of all UI and then apply some change
and use Main.get().isRightRoLeft() in the code to change

When you got it, make a patch with eclipse, the options are Team -> Create patch ( select to file, and select project type ) and send to us to valorate the viability of the change in other UI parts.
 #52403  by poorya_0

hi
where i use this "Main.get().isRightToLeft()"?
I used it in panel/Main.java but no change observed.
do you any changes for support right to left languages by default? like this:
Attachments
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg (164.2 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
 #52421  by jllort

frontend is not prepared for right to left and will not get running in this manner.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.