• Preview not showing first page of PDF

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #25731  by ivan.todorovic

Hi there,
I have this problem with previewing PDF files. When I click preview tab,first page shows its content for a moment (or better, blinks for a moment), and then it disappears, leaving it blank. Other pages are shown correctly. Any suggestions?
 #25744  by jllort

Which browser are you using ?
Can you test in our online demo at demo.openkm.com
 #25749  by gr87

It also appears on the demo and in my configuration. If I scan 3 pages only the last one is shown. When I download the document, it's created properly and has the adequate watermark. The bug is also present on the upload feature. If I upload the same 3 paged document, only the last is shown.

I find it strange that the functionality does not work on the Demo either. Perhaps it has something to do with the Adobe player version of the display.
It would be really useful if any other users could confirm this problem.
 #25757  by jllort

Seems this file, for some reason has some problem with flexpaper. Try with zviewer will go right. Go to administration -> configuration parameters and change system.previewer to zviewer value ( flexpaper is better viewer but seems has some problem in this case and should try with zviewer ). Other option we got in professional version is use embeded pdf viewer into browser, in that case sure will go right ( this option is not still available in community version ).
 #25787  by gr87

I can confirm this solution works. The previewer is not as nice as flexpaper, all the pages are not displayed together but page by page.

However, since it works, we'll probably leave it like that. I was suspecting the culprit was the document, but the document was created by the scanner at the client's side, which will be used for further documents and scanning. Also, only the 3 page documents seem to be a problem.
 #25817  by jllort

Could try take a look the problem more deeply. Changing some pdf2swf parameters conversion, seems the output doesn't like to flexpaper, can be some problem with compatibility etc... I think with pdf2swf there're some command to force adobe macromedia player 9 compatibility. I suggest investigate in that way changing pd2swf parameters.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.