• configuring mail notification

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #109  by peter

Hi,

i am having difficulties with configuring the mail notification service of OpenKM. i have studied the wiki and also the pdf documentation but somehow it is not working for me. any help would be greatly appriciated.

here\'s what i have done so far:

i have made the mail-service. xml file and placed it in C:\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1\\server\\default\\deploy

mail-service.xml:
Code: Select all

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<!DOCTYPE server>
<!-- $Id: mail-service.xml,v 1.5.6.1 2005/06/01 06:20:43 starksm Exp $ -->

<server>

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
  <!-- Mail Connection Factory                                              -->
  <!-- ==================================================================== -->

<!-- OpenKM -->
  <mbean code=\"org.jboss.mail.MailService\" name=\"jboss:service=mail/OpenKM\">
    <attribute name=\"JNDIName\">java:/mail/OpenKM</attribute>
    <attribute name=\"Configuration\">
      <configuration>
        <property name=\"mail.transport.protocol\" value=\"smtp\"/>
        <property name=\"mail.smtp.host\" value=\"mail.vabi.nl\"/>
        <property name=\"mail.from\" value=\"info@vabi.vl\"/>
        <property name=\"mail.debug\" value=\"false\"/>
      </configuration>
      <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
    </attribute>
  </mbean>
</server>
then i have made the emails.properties file and placed it in
C:\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1\\server\\default\\conf

emails.properties:

system=leone.peter@gmail.com
user1=p.leone@vabi.nl
user2=leone.peter@gmail.com
user3=p.leone@vabi.nl
EBoom=leone.peter@gmail.com
JMuis=p.leone@vabi.nl
VKok=leone.peter@gmail.com

Finaly i have edited the OpenKM.cfg wich is located at:
C:\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1\\OpenKM-1.2_JBoss-4.0.3SP1

and added this line:
application.url=http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/es.git.ope ... /index.jsp

as far as i can tell i should work the server log is:
2008-02-18 15:05:42,390 INFO  [STDOUT] javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
  nested exception is:
	class javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
	class javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for leone.peter@gmail.com
;
  nested exception is:
	class javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for leone.peter@gmail.com
;
can you see what i have done wrong or have forgotten to do?
thanks

Peter
 #110  by pavila

The configuration seems to be ok. Seems to be a SMTP error. Try to set \"mail.debug\" to \"true\".
 #112  by jllort

Do you know if your mail server needs some special configuration like TLS, or other ?

In your mail-service.xml I\'ve not see:

<attribute name=\"User\">nobody</attribute>
<attribute name=\"Password\">password</attribute>

Hope in your mail-service have it ( it\'s credentials to your mail server ).
 #117  by peter

hi,

first of all i would like to thank you (jilort and pavila) for your quick response to all of my questions. i think that it is good service and great for people like me who need some serieus help now and then so keep up the good work.

i added the user and password fields as suggested by jilort but it stil would not work. i then tried the suggestion of pavila and turned on the error report. eventhough i did not understand most of what was shown i did notice that i kept getting the error that user@gmail.com was no good (eventhough this e-mail does exist)

anyway i deleted that entry in the emails.properties and then restarted and now it works perfectly (even witout the user and password fields in the e-mails.xml file)

i do not know what the problem is but i do now i am happy it works and it is a nother great feature of OpenKM.

i think next week i am going to try and intergrate the logon with our active dir (i think that i read somewhere that that was possible!?!)
so you will be hearing from me soon i think!! lol

thanx again guys you are great

Peter

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.