• LDAP Auth and Text based roles

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1069  by phmazzoni

Can I use LDAP for authentication AND text file based role assignment?
OR
I know I can fetch roles from LDAP, but how can I populate the roles in the OpenKM database?
 #1074  by pavila

This question is answered in this forums, please look for it.
 #1397  by joebrones

First of all I would like to praise all of the developer\'s efforts on this system.

I was quite excited to learn that OpenKM integrates with Active Directory (AD). I updated the login-config.xml file in 3.0 RC2, for Active Directory authentication. It works! Great, but I cannot configure roles.

My Questions:
Is it possible to configure the login-config.xml file to authenticate the user to AD AND then check the roles against a text file?

Also, how does OpenKM decide to place the \"admin\" user in the admin role?

Thanks for any guidance...
 #1401  by pavila

Yes, you can mix LDAP and text-based auth configuration but it is not recommended because you have to synchornize manually both modifications.

\"admin\" user is included by default in the admin role. Actually only \"admin\" user can cadministrate OpenKM.
 #1403  by jllort

\"admin\" user is the same concept than \"root\" on linux. Why we decide to only have one super user ? We think only must be a super user on OpenKM installations as we consider that must be only one authorized person - administration - to take care of OpenKM installation.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.