• office plugin issue

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #24522  by dandevnull

This system has been up and running for a while with no issues. ver 5.1.11- today it is slow to respond and the office plugins timeout. It says the server is not responding, when it is. Log file shows nothing unusual. Where else can I look to diagnose plug in issues?
 #24528  by pavila

OpenKM 5.1.x is very old and unmaintained. I recommend upgrade to OpenKM 6.2.4
 #24533  by jllort

Sometimes is good idea restarting application to freeze memory ( java garvage collector makes magic but not all needed ). And is good idea if the server has not been restarted for long time do it.
 #24536  by dandevnull

Thanks for the upgrade advice and I'd love to but you removed the ability to use the Excel plugin with version 6 and I've got users that like that feature. As far as restarting it, I did, there is no change. This is not affecting every user. I'll troubleshoot the PC to determine what's wrong. Are there any known issues with other applications on windows that would cause problems?

Thanks again.

Update: Fixed the issue. PC configuration problem.
 #24544  by jllort

OpenKM Ms addins for OpenKm 6.2 comes with excel addin also. If there's a problem within tell us.
 #25617  by michaeled

Hi jllort,

The office plugin exist for the community 6.2 too ?

Thanks,

Michael.
 #25661  by jllort

Yes, in our openkm website at download section ( top right you got the link ) you can download the office addin for community.
 #25859  by markoweber

It would be nice if you put the OpenKM Office Addins also into Files of Sourceforge.
I wasted time on googling around for them and to find this post.

i think its much easier for people to find in the sourceforge files download.

what d ya think about ?
 #25871  by jllort

We have one place where all files are centralized that's in our download section http://www.openkm.com/en/download-english.html

From our experience, the problem we got with sourceforge is that adding 5.x appear in version 5.0.1 and then new releases obfuscates where download, that's why decided centralize all download in one html page in our main website.

Now you've discovered the forum, I think that's another interesting thing for you, because here is the place where you can ask directly to all OpenKM community. Normally us we try answering in the same day.
 #28015  by writeaditya.jain

hey plz help frnds...
i am using openkm 5.1.8 war with jboss 4.2.3 .
all my configuration are correct ...preview is working fine but my issue is that whenever i upload any excel files that has 10-15 colums so openkm divides it into 3 pdf pages lyk 5 colums on each page . i want to upload my excel sheet as it is doesnt matter if i need to zoom in preview to read the content but i want the proper structure of my file that means i do not want to break in into frames instead i want my complete excel sheet in one page so that data remains in its proper structure...
please anyone help as soon as possible...
thank you much in advance ....:)
 #28047  by jllort

I think youwriteaditya.jain you're talking about preview not office plugin ( if it's the case open other post and do not merge with it, because has not relation with office plugin ). Do not merge several questions on same post that cause a lot of confusion to other readers.
 #41171  by demetris32

I am trying to access from ms word using the plugin , openkm's cloud demo but i am getting an "unable to connect to remote server'. Any help will be appreciated .

word 2007

my configuration file
openkm version pro 6.4+
user okmAdmin
password admin
host http://144.76.145.126:8080/OpenKM

when i try to test the connection it fails
 #41177  by jllort

I think you are using wrong URL 144.76.145.126:8080/OpenKM if it's one of our online demo should use the domain name not the ip. We has shared with your this ip or who's sharing with you this demo ?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.