Multivalued metadata

OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
lomarcan77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Multivalued metadata

Post by lomarcan77 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:41 am

Is it possible to configure metadata so that I can assign more that one record/group to a node?

For example I have a document relevant to more than one part number so I would like to set RelevantPart=PartA and RelevantPart=PartB on the same node.

Thanks for the assistance

jllort

Re: Multivalued metadata

Post by jllort » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 am

I think you are looking for select multiple, take a look at https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... plechoices

lomarcan77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by lomarcan77 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 am

Uhm.. could work but I need to maintain the auxiliary table
I was thinking more of a 'add more instances of the same metadata group' if possible

jllort

Post by jllort » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 am

I do not understanding what you are trying to say, some draw or similar indicating metadata etc... is welcome for better understanding what you have in mind.

lomarcan77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by lomarcan77 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 am

I need to archive datasheets about components. As metadata I would like to save the part number it's referring to.
However a datasheet can refer to many parts:
Datasheet1.pdf -> PartA PartB PartC
Datasheet2.pdf -> PartD
Datasheet3.pdf -> PartB PartE

Please note that both Datasheet1 and Datasheet2 are about PartB.
Having an auxiliary table could solve the problem if there's a way to automatically add a missing value... i.e. if I type PartF it should accept it and file it in the table, otherwise it could be inconvenient.

jllort

Post by jllort » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 am

I'm not sure if you want to set metadata ( what can be done with input -> free text or select multiple what I had previously described ) or you wan to set relations between documents ( document A has a relation type X with document B ), both things can be done with community edition ( see stapling feature in community edition ). In professional version there's a feature not existing in community edition about Relation what covers all cases better ( relations of type parent-child, equivalent to, many-to-many ).

Some URL what might interest you:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... nsion.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FYGuhrY7Y