• Multivalued metadata

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #44626  by lomarcan77

Is it possible to configure metadata so that I can assign more that one record/group to a node?

For example I have a document relevant to more than one part number so I would like to set RelevantPart=PartA and RelevantPart=PartB on the same node.

Thanks for the assistance
 #44642  by lomarcan77

Uhm.. could work but I need to maintain the auxiliary table
I was thinking more of a 'add more instances of the same metadata group' if possible
 #44645  by jllort

I do not understanding what you are trying to say, some draw or similar indicating metadata etc... is welcome for better understanding what you have in mind.
 #44648  by lomarcan77

I need to archive datasheets about components. As metadata I would like to save the part number it's referring to.
However a datasheet can refer to many parts:
Datasheet1.pdf -> PartA PartB PartC
Datasheet2.pdf -> PartD
Datasheet3.pdf -> PartB PartE

Please note that both Datasheet1 and Datasheet2 are about PartB.
Having an auxiliary table could solve the problem if there's a way to automatically add a missing value... i.e. if I type PartF it should accept it and file it in the table, otherwise it could be inconvenient.
 #44651  by jllort

I'm not sure if you want to set metadata ( what can be done with input -> free text or select multiple what I had previously described ) or you wan to set relations between documents ( document A has a relation type X with document B ), both things can be done with community edition ( see stapling feature in community edition ). In professional version there's a feature not existing in community edition about Relation what covers all cases better ( relations of type parent-child, equivalent to, many-to-many ).

Some URL what might interest you:
https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... nsion.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FYGuhrY7Y

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.