• Conversion to pdf ok but preview not working on MS Office files

• Nous essayons de faire OpenKM aussi intuitif que possible, mais tout avis est bienvenu.
Nous essayons de faire OpenKM aussi intuitif que possible, mais tout avis est bienvenu.

Moderator: dedisoft

Forum rules: Avant de poser une question, merci de regarder la documentation du wiki ou d'utiliser la fonction recherche du forum. Et rappelez vous que nous n'avons ni boule de cristal ni possibilité de lire dans les pensées, aussi pensez à spécifier quelle version d'OpenKM vous utilisez ainsi que la version du navigateur web et du système d'exploitation. Pour de plus amples informations lisez Comment reporter un bug efficacement (anglais).
 #44509  by Petr_Valenta

Hello

I have a trouble with Preview on LibreOffice / MS Office files. I am able manually by means of menu to convert them into PDF. PDF file is created with no problem and is readable. And on these PDF-files preview works with no problem.

But when I try to display preview tab on the original office document (tried DOCX,XLSX,ODF), nothing is displayed. No message - nothing.

Configuration seems to be ok:
system.swftools.pdf2swf ---> OK - /home/openkm/tomcat-7.0.61/bin/pdf2swf
system.imagemagick.convert ---> OK - /usr/bin/convert
system.ocr ---> Not configured
system.openoffice.path ---> OK - /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin

There is no error or exception in the log.

The only "suspicious" thing is incrementing number of messages
... frontend.GeneralServlet - getConversionStatus: ....frontend.client.bean.GWTConverterStatus@...
... frontend.GeneralServlet - getConversionStatus()

Any clue what can be wrong?

Server:
VMWare 12 Pro
Memory 12 GB
1 proc - 4 cores
Centos 7 Server
PostgreSQL 9.2.18
OpenKM 6.3.4

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Petr Valenta
Last edited by Petr_Valenta on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #44527  by jllort

I need to see the error in the catalina.log file while you are trying to preview the document.
Also check in your system, if after starting OpenKM you have a process named soffice running.
In what OS linux distribution did you have installed OpenKM ? if you are on CentOS, Redhat or Fedora, check it https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... tml#CentOS
 #44535  by Petr_Valenta

I can just repeat what I have already written here:
1. There is no error message anywhere. Catalina.out and OpenKM.log are without errors
2. I am on Centos 7
3. LibreOffice is installed and working - I am able to create PDF from DOCX with no problem even in OpenKM GUI.

And I have used your installer to install OpenKM.

Answers to your questions according to the link provided by you:
Code: Select all
yum install libreoffice
>>> Package 1:libreoffice-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
>>> Nothing to do
yum install libreoffice-langpack-en
>>> Package 1:libreoffice-langpack-en-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
>>> Nothing to do
rpm -qa | grep openoffice
>>> Nothing found
BUT
rpm -qa | grep office
>>> libreoffice-base-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-opensymbol-fonts-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.noarch
>>> libreoffice-draw-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-calc-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-math-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-impress-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-graphicfilter-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-pdfimport-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-writer-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-core-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-emailmerge-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-pyuno-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-ure-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
>>> libreoffice-langpack-en-5.0.6.2-5.el7_3.1.x86_64
Why are you asking me about installation of libreoffice and then suddenly openoffice?

Configuration from OpenKM GUI
>>> system.openoffice.path	String	/usr/lib64/libreoffice
>>> Here is a difference - your pages are talking about /usr/bin/libreoffice
Configuration check
>>> system.openoffice.path
>>> OK - /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin
ps -ef | grep -i soffice
openkm     3753   1125  0 17:07 ?        00:00:00 /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin -accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002;urp; -env:UserInstallation=file:///home/openkm/tomcat-7.0.61/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2002 -headless -nocrashreport -nodefault -nofirststartwizard -nolockcheck -nologo -norestore
Download as PDF
>>> No problem, PDF made and readable
Catalina.out
ug 13, 2017 5:20:29 PM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.ProcessPoolOfficeManager <init>
INFO: ProcessManager implementation is SigarProcessManager
Aug 13, 2017 5:20:29 PM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess start
INFO: starting process with acceptString 'socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002,tcpNoDelay=1' and profileDir '/home/openkm/tomcat-7.0.61/temp/.jodconverter_socket_host-127.0.0.1_port-2002'
Aug 13, 2017 5:20:29 PM org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.OfficeProcess start
INFO: started process; pid = 5117
OpenKM.log
DocConverter - *** Build Office Manager ***
DocConverter - system.openoffice.path=/usr/lib64/libreoffice
DocConverter - system.openoffice.tasks=200
DocConverter - system.openoffice.port=2002
2017-08-13 17:20:29,806 [OfficeProcessThread-0] [] WARN  o.a.j.office.ManagedOfficeProcess - office process died with exit code 81; restarting it
So there is no error or exception here.

But I have just found Preview not working. Canot be there any connection to it?
 #44539  by jllort

Libreoffice is a fork of openoffice you can use both, but I do not know what you have installed, that why I talk about libreoffice or openoffice.
After OpenKM is started do you have soffice running ? seems from the output of the command line execution of ps, you got it running, then there's no problem with soffice service ( if you are able to convert a .doc to .pdf then it means the soffice service is going right ).
Might be is a problem with the browser what should support flash, otherwise the preview feature will not going right in community edition.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.