• Importing files

• Nous essayons de faire OpenKM aussi intuitif que possible, mais tout avis est bienvenu.
Nous essayons de faire OpenKM aussi intuitif que possible, mais tout avis est bienvenu.

Moderator: dedisoft

Forum rules: Avant de poser une question, merci de regarder la documentation du wiki ou d'utiliser la fonction recherche du forum. Et rappelez vous que nous n'avons ni boule de cristal ni possibilité de lire dans les pensées, aussi pensez à spécifier quelle version d'OpenKM vous utilisez ainsi que la version du navigateur web et du système d'exploitation. Pour de plus amples informations lisez Comment reporter un bug efficacement (anglais).
 #30132  by macs

Before installing OpenKM I would like to know if I import existing files to OpenKM repository, those files will be copied to the repository? Or they are simply linked to the repository?
I searching for a program that makes search on the contents of the files, but I don't want them to be copied or moved.

Thanks in advance!
 #30141  by jllort

The idea of any DMS is consolidate information on a single access point, repository. All DMS will incorporate into its own repository the binary information. Really you're looking for spider or search engine software. There're several search engines what will doing what you want. If you got less 500k files, (I'm not totaly sure about the number, could be 100k ) a good option is the goggle search engine what can be build yet configured with a computer and can customize the results of the search engine and will work as you wish.

However take in mind, DMS can offer you some advantages,. major adventage of getting information on a sinle repository is backup whole information and also apply security level access,. audit acess etc... all centralized. If it's not your case looking for search engine, for your description you'll not found any dms what not incorporate in repository the binary data.
 #30147  by macs

Hi jllort,
First, thanks for your enlightening answer!
All I want for now is to have a tool to search trough file's contents of my little company's local server.
OpenKM is too complex for that, right? What other product would you suggest? I think Google Search Engine is only for web's, no?

Again, thanks for your time!
 #30153  by jllort

Look for Google Search Appliance. it's a server with Google engine and runs as an spider in your network. I think that's what you're looking for. DMS is other kind of product, something more than a search engine. Really OpenKM can also work with Google Search Appliance, because across WebDAV protocol can scan all repository documents, and index into Google Search Engine. The only thing I do not like much - when I saw this product - 2-3 years ago - was the limit of the number of files that can be indexed (500k more or less ), although is high number, is a limit. I do not know if this limit also exists now.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.