• Adding manager users

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #18986  by ciropom

Hi to all,
I wanted to add to OpenKM the possibility to create "managers".
A manager is a restricted administrator who can't access all the folders, but only the ones for which he owns adequate permissions.

A manager should be able to create new users as an administrator, but these users inherit all the restrictions of the manager who created them.

For OpenKM exists something similar?
What do you think about this feature? Do you have some implementation tips?

In case I implement it, which is the e-mail I should send the patch to?
Thanks.
 #19006  by jllort

Contact with us at http://www.openkm.com/en/contact.html indicated the post url and the subject and will talk about it with pacience.

At first view I think can be two different kind of implementation and we need to consider which is the best.
 #19153  by ciropom

I sent you an email using the form you linked.
Have you got it?

Thanks.
 #19188  by jllort

Yes, we have to discuss in our weekly developers meeting and I will reply to you when we will finish it. Do not worry if is not under this week, next sure. You think is trivial change but are several ways for doing and is not clear which is the best choice.
 #19214  by pavila

Thanks for sharing your modifications. We evaluate it for a future inclusion in the main OpenKM source code repository.

Regards.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.