• [Solved] Change Spring Version

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #16967  by michaeled

Hi all,

When i compile OpenKM, it download the 2.5.6 version of spring:
Code: Select all
Downloading: http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/springframework/spring/2.5.6/spring-2.5.6.pom
For the CAS implementation, I need the 3.0.3 version of spring, so i get this error:
Code: Select all
13:20:50,096 ERROR [SpringSecurityCoreVersion] Spring Major version '3' expected, but you are running with version: 2.5.6. Please check your classpath for unwanted jar files.
13:20:50,096 WARN  [SpringSecurityCoreVersion] You are advised to use Spring 3.0.3 or later with this version. You are running: 2.5.6
13:20:50,096 INFO  [SecurityNamespaceHandler] Spring Security 'config' module version is 3.0.5.RELEASE
13:20:50,119 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/spring-configuration/securityContext.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.getLocalName(Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;)Ljava/lang/String;
I recompiled cas-client and cas-client-integration with the 3.0.3 version of Spring, no pb.

How can I change the downloaded version of Spring when I compiled OpenKM ????
Last edited by michaeled on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #16983  by jllort

How did you solve it, can be useful for other users.

If you configure with CAS your configuration is welcome to be shared in our comunity documentation ( there's something there now too ), but we understand it's difficult configuration and more examples always can help users to clarify concepts.
 #17075  by michaeled

Sure, here is the solution:

Just after the first mvn install ....
Lot of dependencies are downloaded. I've modified the pom.xml in /root/.m2/repository/com/ettrema/milton-servlet/1.7.2/milton-servlet-1.7.
> replaced <version>2.5.6</version> by <version>3.0.5.RELEASE</version>
for spring and spring-webmvc. Then delete Spring and spring-webmvc in the .m2 rpository and recompile.

It works fine ! But there is maybe a more simple manner to do that ...
 #17076  by michaeled

jllort wrote:How did you solve it, can be useful for other users.

If you configure with CAS your configuration is welcome to be shared in our comunity documentation ( there's something there now too ), but we understand it's difficult configuration and more examples always can help users to clarify concepts.
CAS configuration is now working with LDAP Role Integration. I don't have done the deconnexion yet.
 #17087  by pavila

Some user request information on CAS integration, perhaps you could write a little tutorial with this information to be included in the documentation wiki or in this forum?

Regards.
 #17095  by michaeled

pavila wrote:Some user request information on CAS integration, perhaps you could write a little tutorial with this information to be included in the documentation wiki or in this forum?

Regards.
Yes, when I finished the integration (with disconnect) I document it !

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.