• Scanner applet scan multiple pages!!!

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #10936  by pavila

I have merge the changes but it does not works in my test scanner (ScanJet 2100C) It does not have page feeder so can't make make it to scan multiple pages unless I scan them individually. In which scanner have you make test and how is supposed to work? Indeed with your changes actually I can't scan any page because the test:
Code: Select all
metadata.getLastState() == 7 && metadata.getState() == 5
Is never resolved to true. What mean these states?
 #11029  by lucas.santana

Hello pavila!

I have an update to send, now is possible scan with both formats, in PDF is possible scan a lot of pages, but in others formats one page!

I am using a HP N7320 Scanner, this scanner is appropiated to alot of scans!
One observation: You need to use the basic driver to scan more than one page in PDF format, please, don't use additional software to use in your scanner, because OpenKM scanner applet will don't work correctly in PDF format!

The metadata.getLastState is just to verify the page buffering.
Attachments
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
 #11057  by pavila

Is difficult for me to work without source code patch. I have uploaded a new version of scanner applet in trunk, please send me patches against this code base to be included. I have added some part of your contributed code but still I'm not able to use with my scanner in Linux.

The problem seems to be that I only have the image when the ScannerIOMetadata.ACQUIRED event is thrown, and in your modification only make the upload to OpenKM in the ScannerIOMetadata.STATECHANGE event, having metadata.getLastState() == 7 && metadata.getState() == 5 (which I have no idea what means the 7 and 5 states).
 #11067  by lucas.santana

Hello Pavila!

These states mean scanner ready, every time the scanner gets an image it changes state. Both conditions 7 and 5 mean scanner has obtained every image.

I tested with two scanners with feeder and work perfectly, but I not tested with linux yet! Please, make a test with Windows and a scanner with feeder. Anyway I will make some tests with linux and report for you the results.
 #11071  by pavila

That should be the error: my scanner has no feeder. The scanner applet should work with feeder and without it. Please, can you try the last code from trunk and verify it works with an scanner with feeder? I have included (and improved) your contributed code.
 #11188  by lucas.santana

Hello Pavila!

Sorry for delay in answering you, i am very busy with my job and my university.

Your code work fine with scanner feeder in linux, thanks for your improvements!
I think that you can release a new version of OpenKM with these modifications immediately.

OpenKM is a great project, congratulations to all developers and contributors!
 #11437  by apons

Where would i need to place these files you posted in the zip so the multiple page scanning works?

THank you,

Adolfo Pons
 #11469  by pavila

This is the last version of the scanner applet. You need to place it into OpenKM.war archive. It can be opened with WinRAR or 7-Zip (Windows), among other like File-Roller (Linux).
Attachments
Scanner Multi-Page
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 384 times
 #18525  by donnap

Hello,
First of all I want to congratulate and thank to all the developers and contributors who created this wonderful software.
I have a question regarding the code for the scanner applet: is the code (scanner project) at SVN (link from POM: https://openkm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openkm/trunk) up-to date?
I am asking this because I extracted the code (5.1), built the jar, placed it in the OpenKM.war, started the server, but when the applet initializes it does not pop-up the window to select a scan source (I have multiple scanners installed). Running OpenKM (also 5.1) with the original OpenKM.war file, after the applet initializes the pop-up is displayed.
Am I missing something?

Thank you and best regards,
Donna

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.