• Rename file when downloading - is it possible?

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #9971  by birkoff

Hi,

Thank you for a great tool. Everything works fine but when I download (or checkout and download) the document and save it, I lost information about the version of the document I downloaded. It is OK in case I only update the document and upload it back (check in). But when I send it somebody as an email attachment for revision and he send it me back I really miss the information about the version we discoussed (my inbox is full of the files of the same name).

My idea is automatically add a suffix to the file name when I'm downloading the document (in repository the file remains unchanged). The suffix shloud contain e.g. the version of the document and the user who last modfied the document.

Is it possible to make such a functionality by scripting tool or other user configuration?

Thank you.
 #10030  by jllort

I've added in our roadmap http://issues.openkm.com/view.php?id=1597 seems interesting feature.

About changing name is not good idea ( that could generate some problem on uploading, althought you can disable comparing name in uploading process ).
About sending notification with document version seems more interesting.
That can not be solved by scripting, but could be solved creating some OpenKM extension, and intercept de downloading document with new downloading button. Seems not much complicated doing it.

http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Extension_Guide

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.