• jBPM Workflow Instance information

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #7460  by Rik van der Vaart

I have OpenKM 5.0 running with some simple jBPM workflows running also. But except for the okmAdmin user, nobody can view the state of an instance of a workflow. How can this be done without making everybody admin?
Thanks.
 #7526  by pavila

Actually only okmAdmin can access this information, but is possible to create a new WorkflowRole and change the
Code: Select all
request.isUserInRole()
test in the process_definition_list.jsp file and related. Perhaps is interesting to add this role by default and include this check in the next OpenKM release, but I'm not sure if this is a common behaviour. What is the problem of being an andministrator? is because you need an workflow only administrator user?
 #7540  by Rik van der Vaart

In this particular workflow, the Users need to know what the status is of the instance in the workflow, before and after they handled it. I am finding out how to add variables to the workflow which will capture process data like who did what when. This should then be query-able either through OpenKM query or from another platform, which I would not prefer. I hope to be able to feedback to user in the instance the values of the variables so they can see what happened to the instance before they received it. After they handled their task the instance will leave their desktop and they will not be able to trace back what happened after they let it go. Any suggestions?
To give this admin function to users would not be good because in the current format the admin can stop processes instance...
 #7680  by pavila

You can add notes to the document with the trace of the workflow. Also can send emails, or store this info in database and make an GUI extension. There are some ways to do it, but it depends on your specific problem to be solved.
 #8196  by Rik van der Vaart

I have a MySQL setup and call a handle in a task which sends data to the database. But I cannot find how to send the path, the actorID and the taskname OpenKM variables to send... Can you point me in the right direction?
 #8263  by pavila

Perhaps your questions are more related to jBPM than OpenKM itself. You can create an action handler and call OpenKM API, or low level Jackrabbit API.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.