• Create a dialogbox in a workflow

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #48549  by w12315007

Hi, We are going to create a file workflow. we need to popup a dialogbox after a task node. We want to develop this diaogbox like the AboutPopup. So we tested this idea like this in the trasition action after a task node.
1565170099(1).png
1565170099(1).png (17.69 KiB) Viewed 10139 times
But, the system reply the error: callbackRunProcessDefinition. we didn't know why the dialogbox can't be initialized and showed in this workflow.
 #48570  by jllort

Consider UI works from OpenKM not from the workflow engine point of view. Each task is mapped with a group of form elements, and there's no relation between transaction and form elements. I think you should consider adding in the middle another task to shown form elements.
 #48595  by w12315007

Thank you for your suggestion. To be extend your idea can meet our requirement,but we neet a dialog box in some respect. we will continue to research some way to realize it.
 #48630  by jllort

Another aproach might be in the UI create new object in form elements for it. But I do not suggest going in this direction, I think might be very very complex and there's a high % of possible failure.

Another suggestion is using the WF API ( rest web services ) and from there build your own user interface, that probably will be a better solution for you.

Finally if you have a workflow problem, you can choose another WF engine ( outside OpenKM ), use it in the front and OpenKM in this scenario will be an slave ( only for storing an retrieving documents ). I'm talking about a webservices integration.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.