• Building error in development environment

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #47064  by w12315007

Hi,
I downloaded the portable development environment( ova ), and imported it into virtualbox. I could start linux and
open the eclipse. But as starting the tomcat eclipse console shows errors : "Name [openkmDS] is not bound in this context.Unable to find [openkmDS]" (details in the attachment). At the same time, I can open the login
page in the browser(http://localhost:8080), but could not login the system after inputting the user name and password.
I am a java newer, so can anyone help me for this question? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
error.JPG
error.JPG (153.55 KiB) Viewed 15518 times
 #47069  by jllort

From where did you get the tomcat-8.5.24 ?
Check into server.xml if you have the entry Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" uncomment ?
Depending on how you configure server from eclipse, it creates it's own server.xml when you execute from there, you should use the option I have marked in the screenshot.
support_521.png
support_521.png (50.39 KiB) Viewed 15501 times
 #47072  by w12315007

Thanks for your reply.
the tomcat-8.5 is in the eclipse and I didn't do any change in tomcat or portable development environment (the ova doowload from openkm website) . I just add the openkm into the tomcat and debug. I checked the two points your mentioned and you can see reuslt in the attachment. It seems that these configures are right, do you have any other idears about this quesition? Thank you very much.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (199.83 KiB) Viewed 15489 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (87.33 KiB) Viewed 15489 times
 #47083  by jllort

Consider review your code ( might be you have changed something ? ), but seems is looking for "openkmDS" and in server.xml there's "OpenkmDS" with O in uppercase.
 #49300  by yasemin.can

Hi,

I also encountered such problem, and recognized that the cause is synchronizing the project. In my opinion the openkm project is updated but the servers project not. If you Do NOT pull the latest version of the project, and start up as it comes in ova, it can start up successfully.

Yours sincerely.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.