• How to copy old repository folder data to my new openkm repository

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #46955  by saikiran

Hello All,

I am new to this OpenKM forum. Please help me out with the below problem.

I have installed OpenKM in my Ubuntu server 18.04 lts in /home/openkm/. from the link wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm ... taller.jar.

I have faced problems with mysql database after updating, and my openkm with other websites stopped working.

I have copied the openkm folder completely to my pen drive (usb stick) in a general way of coping the folders from the terminal.

And now I have installed new Ubuntu server 18.04 lts, and also installed the OpenKM with same details in same location of /home/openkm.

Now, how can I get all the information that I have created in my old Openkm to my new Openkm.

Please help me out, I have searched but haven't seen any suitable case like me.

Let me know how to proceed with steps to get back my old OpenKM data.

I have also tried copying the repository folder but I am not getting anything in my openkm.

Thanking you in Advance.[
 #46961  by jllort

You need both things, database and repository to restore OpenKM as was at the beginning. Repository datastore is not enough to recover entire data what was into the database ( everything except the binary data was into the datastore folder ). If you do not have a database backup, I suggest try to recover database ... if not ... there's some process to identify the mime types of the binary files and change the document extension, but not much else.

If you take a look at our repository backup procedure you will see is a backup of the database in a combination of the datastore folder. https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... ackup.html
 #46964  by saikiran

Hello jllort,

Thank you so much for your response.

I am having only the Openkm folder that consists of repository, bin, conf, lib, logs, temp, webappas, work and other files in it, but i don't have any database backup folder. I haven't created any backup at that time.

Can you let me know is it possible with this files to get back my data again.

And the link that you have provided to restore with BorgBackup, will work for my problem?..

And please let me know if there are any methods to work with.

Thanking you in Advance
 #46968  by saikiran

Hello jllort,

I have seen this below link to get data from the DataStore. But I haven't understood the steps to make it workable.

Here is the link

https://www.openkm.com/wiki/index.php/D ... recovering

Can you please let me know from the beginning how to work on it.

I have created new openKM and now let me how to proceed.

Thanking you in Advance
 #46977  by saikiran

Hello jllort,

I am unable to upload .cfg files here through attachment. I am copying the content inside of my openkm.cfg below here in between the code lines.
Code: Select all
# OpenKM Hibernate configuration values
hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect
hibernate.hbm2ddl=none

# Logback configuration file
logback.config=logback.xml
Please have a look at it.

Thanking you in Advance.
 #46980  by jllort

Only I want to confirm that you lost the repository. Will not be possible to recover as it was at the beginning. You have binary data ( files ) into the datastore folder, but is not possible know what was the real name etc... the only thing what is possible to recover is the extension, the script in this documentation section https://www.openkm.com/wiki/index.php/D ... recovering help in Linux to set the right extension to the files based on the document mime type information what contains into.

Unfortunately, there's nothing much what can be done if you are not able to recover the database. I do not know what is the level of the damage in your database, if you have /var/lib/mysql files damaged or you do not have anything from there? If you are in windows the MySQL files are into c:\Program Data\MySQL etc... trying to repair the database or startup to export should be the best option, not always possible but with some customer, we have successed with it. There are also companies what might help you on recovering damaged MySQL database.
 #46986  by saikiran

Hello jllort,

Can you please help me with the steps of this below link to follow and execute them.

Because in that link there is no proper explanation of where to save the rescue.sh file and how to run this BeanShell code.

Please provide me the step by steps process.

Thanking you in Advance

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.