• Building openkm.war

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43997  by Beau_M

I'm clearly not doing something correctly here. I've set up eclipse, maven and git, no issues there. Edited a few src files and rebuilt the war file, but doesn't seem to matter what I do, the changes aren't being reflected in openkm (at least nothing that I modify inside of java files, the jsp's are updating fine). I'm doing things a bit manually, all dev work is being done on one computer and then the war file is being transferred manually to our server and the old files are removed and catalina restarted etc. I've obviously set something a bit wrong in eclipse but have no idea where to start looking. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Using the latest portable dev download but on a fresh latest eclipse install.
 #44019  by jllort

Are you using portable dev ? or you configured your own eclipse ?
 #44020  by Beau_M

I've tried both, the portable dev version didn't run nicely on our machine so rebuilt the project in the latest eclipse. Both seem to build fine just don't reflect any changes.
 #44068  by Beau_M

I'm trying to apply changes to the UI, we're trying to remove some of the property information such as UUID and webdav etc. Trying to make the screen as clean as possible for our users (they don't like to be confronted with too much information apparently). I've made some changes in Folder and TopPanel, just commenting out the things I didn't want but this seems to do nothing?
 #44088  by jllort

Some UI configuration might be hidden with profiles I suppose this features are not there. If you add there with same philosophy we can add as part of OpenKM core. We'll I suggest a simply Window.alert("I'm here"); in the Main.java class to be sure the code is really changed.

Also I suggest do widget unvisible with method setVisible(false); is more easy rather comment code, and this is also the philosophy used with profiles.
 #44093  by Beau_M

Adding Window.alert("I'm here"); anywhere in Main.java doesn't do anything when the war is built. Very confusing that it's not picking up any code changes from the source.
 #44110  by jllort

Ensure the war is build into target.
Ensure you are deploying the OpenKM.war into webapps folder ( I suggest clean this folder, before copying the file )
 #44139  by Beau_M

Thanks for all the help jllort, turned out I was forgetting to build the front end... I thought clean gwt:compile compile install would have done everything, but I needed a separate build for the front end clean gwt:compile -Dgwt.module=com.openkm.frontend.Main. Must be the way I've set up Eclipse on our system, at least it's working now.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.