• Link to a task instead to a document in an email sent by a workflow

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43936  by Petr_Valenta

Hello

Is there any possibility to cutomize emails sent in case of workflow tasks to contain not a link to a document but a link to the workflow task (meaning that the link in the email sent the user to the task in his dashboard)?

My environment

Server:
VMWare 12 Pro
Memory 12 GB
1 proc - 4 cores
Centos 7 Server
PostgreSQL 9.2.18
OpenKM 6.3.4

Dev PC:
VMWare 12 Pro
Memory 8 GB
1 proc - 4 cores
Ubuntu 16.04
java 1.6
JBoss Developer Studio 5.0.0.GA - installed according to https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/wf ... io-5x.html (jbdevstudio-product-universal-5.0.0.v20120615-1714-H213-GA.jar + jbpm-installer-3.3.1.GA.jar)

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Petr Valenta
Last edited by Petr_Valenta on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #43984  by Petr_Valenta

Hello

I am not sure if we understand each other.

Nowaday when there is a running workflow and the task according to "Task Node" is generated, a mail with a link to the processed document is sent.
To: admin@xxxx.xx.xx
Subject: Task 'potvrdit' (281)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 13:49:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Task 'Potvrdit' (related to document http://xyz.xy:8080/OpenKM/index.jsp?uui ... 58e0c3ba7e) has been assigned to you.

Thanks.
Now I have to go to OpenKM GUI by clicking on the document's link, go to a dashboard tab, open the workflow sub-tab and try to guess which task is that one, which contains the sent document.

I would like to receive an email, which directs me directly into the task in the dashboard mentioned above. How could I achieve that?

Best Regards

Petr Valenta
 #44024  by jllort

You can open the workflow task directly with the parameter index.jsp?taskInstanceId=XXX ( you can take a look at Main.java class look for taskIntanceId variable and follow what happens when you set it ).
 #44102  by jllort

You must set the right taskInstanceId and must be assigned to you, otherwise will not jump to dashboard. If it does not going right to you, should debug de code.

- Take a look at Main.java ( line 143 )
- StartUp.java ( line 354
and follow the code

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.