Error: While running Document Management System application with Apache Tomcat server

He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
jackrock
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Error: While running Document Management System application with Apache Tomcat server

Post by jackrock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Nagaraju wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:43 pm
Hello,

I downloaded source code of OpenKM from github and i am using your tomcat 7 server. Project is built successfully and executed successfully, but while Good Document digitization services login i am getting below error

"HTTP Status 404 - /OpenKM/frontend/index.jsp"

i gave username : okmAdmin
and password : admin

i am unable to find out the problem. Please give the solution for that immediately.

i am using windows operation system, tomcat 7 server and JDK 1.8 version.

i am sending screen short also
Hello,
I also happens to be suffering from the same problem. Can you help me out too...
Thanks
Last edited by jackrock on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jllort

Re: Error: While running Document Management System application with Apache Tomcat server

Post by jllort » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Why you are not using openkm installer ? You can find here and also a video where are shown all the steps https://www.openkm.com/en/download.html

After get openkm installed, you can build your own war etc..., probably will be the more easiest way to get a development environment. Also I suggest take some time reading https://docs.openkm.com/kcenter/view/ok ... pment.html ( the first menu options until development tips ).

Mohit
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Mohit » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 am

Hello,

I am not able to login into application after deployed on apache tomcat server which is provided by OpenKM. I am getting following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /OpenKM/frontend/index.jsp

type Status report

message /OpenKM/frontend/index.jsp

description The requested resource is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.61

Please assist me for this.

jllort

Post by jllort » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Did you installed our tomcat ( you can download from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/common/ ).

Another suggestion is download our development environement. It has been not officially released because by mistake we have upload in a wrong place, you can download from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/openkm/files/common/ ( 10 GB file ) it's an OVA.

The user name and password for the VM are ( openkm / openkm ).

This VM is based in Linux Mint, and has been tested with vmplayer and virtual box ( really it's an export from there ).

jersy123
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jersy123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:00 am

Hello,

I have apache tomcat version 8 and I updated it last week, but after that, it's not running properly, so please suggest me how can I run it.
Last edited by jersy123 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jllort

Post by jllort » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:46 pm

I suppose you got it running before the upgrade ? you have moved the war file from tomcat 7 to tomcat 8 ?
In case afirmative:
1- check jar files into /lib folder that must be copied in new destination
2- copy /lib/sigar into new destination
3- Copy OpenKM.cfg and OpenKM.xml into new tomcat home
4- Check server.xml -> database connection , mail configuration and I think log4j
5- I'm not 100% sure if you will need to copy log4j.properties