• impot multiple files

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #40351  by vtech

I am using document management system but at the time of importing more than 1000 documents system is not working.System is getting hang.
How to increase count of importing document.
please give me solution for that.
Last edited by vtech on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #40358  by jllort

How are you uploading ? or importing ? Because if you're looking for massive importing you should go to Administration > Import.
Try to explain your scenario. Also indicate the hardware specifications where OpenKM is running ( the hardware is shared with other apps ? )
 #40361  by vtech

I am try to importing more than 10000 documents in one folder. Then system gets hang. After importing, In Desktop tab when i click on that folder Its take to much time to display list of files.
Hardware specification: 8 GB RAM, 32 bit operating system, Windows 7 ultimate,
 #40366  by jllort

Have you ever tryed to render a table of 10.000 nodes in a browser ? sure your browser is crashing trying to rendering it ! you have a bad taxonomy is not good idea store 10K nodes on the same parent is like have 10K documents into a OS folder, not much organized and not able to find out anything on that messi. A good taxonomy should have less than 200 nodes per parent, there're a lot of ways to organize your information:
- year/month/day
- name logic for example for document named ABC1234 -> store at /okm:root/A/B/C
- etc...

Other problem you have is OS architecture ( 32 bits ) this a limitation for Java what will not be able to use more than 2GB of RAM.
 #40372  by pavila

AFAIK having a 32 bits Windows and 8 GB RAM you are only using 4 GB and wasting the other 4 GB. You should use a 64 bit Windows to use the whole 8 GB of RAM.
 #40374  by vtech

thank you
I have another doubt.. In openkm DMS property group are updated with the use of xml file. Some time that property group are updated or some time not.
What is the solution for that
 #40376  by pavila

Please, don't mix different questions in the same post.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.