• Changing contents of the body

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28929  by kesha

Hello,

I want to change the body contents to suit my purpose. For example, in the Login Page, I want to welcome user with different message, or changing the name of the tabs like 'File', 'Edit' etc. Is there any provision for doing such changes. I need some help soon. Kindly acknowledge. Thanks.
 #28940  by jllort

You got two options:
1- patch actual OpenKM.war file
2- get source code and apply there the changes, and then deploy your own war.

Tell us what you prefer and I will try to explain you the steps.
 #28953  by kesha

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have the source code with me. So I will prefer 2nd option. But I would appreciate your input as to which option is easier. Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
 #28960  by jllort

- To change only login, the easies is apply path ( replace into OpenKM.war the file login.jsp )
- About changes on text values ( the best option is change in administration -> languages ) and then export to preservate the inserts for future changes from our side.

Also compile OpenKM.war will give you the same results as apply patch, but you can take control of more details than can not be under control without compilation. For example if you want to do some change in UI, extension etc... you mandatory need to compile OpenKM.war
 #29137  by nigyel

Hello,

I too am looking for a solution to change the login page text... "Welcome to OpenKM ! Use a valid username and password to access to OpenKM user Desktop."

I am unable to see the option in administration -> languages

Please help...

Using version Version: 6.3.0 (build: 8144)

Regards,
Nigyel...
 #29147  by pavila

Why do you want to change it? Tell us and perhaps we can change it in a future release.

Regards.
 #29164  by jllort

Take a look at Administration -> configuration parameters ( I think this is not internationlized )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.