• Working with applet

• He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #23864  by azri

Hi, I am a new junior developer and have the pleasure to work with this software. I am currently waiting for the new release which i suppose will have the cmis capability. In the mean time I am familiarizing myself with this software and do minor tinkering here and there just to help the process of understanding it.

The scanner applet in openKM is amazing but I am planning to integrate the scanner applet in my crm software instead. I tried to integrate the scanner applet in a simple html file just to test it out but it is giving me a null pointer exception. From my research in how openKM integrates the applet, i think it is normal since the applet has multiple parameters. I am having trouble figuring out what are the parameters for the scanner applets. The code is hard to read as it is minified.

So if you could share some thoughts on how applets are integrated in openKM that would be great. I could in the future develop new applets for the software.

Thanks!

Regards,
azri
 #23865  by azri

Hi again, sorry found it in the trunk.
But still with the parameters i am still getting the same error. Am i missing something here? Sorry again.

Thanks.
 #24255  by pavila

The scanner source code at SourceForge is quite old. I will it with a more recent version.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.