Building error in development environment

He we will discuss about how to make customization and improvement to the OpenKM source code.
Forum rules
Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
w12315007
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Building error in development environment

Post by w12315007 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi,
I downloaded the portable development environment( ova ), and imported it into virtualbox. I could start linux and
open the eclipse. But as starting the tomcat eclipse console shows errors : "Name [openkmDS] is not bound in this context.Unable to find [openkmDS]" (details in the attachment). At the same time, I can open the login
page in the browser(http://localhost:8080), but could not login the system after inputting the user name and password.
I am a java newer, so can anyone help me for this question? Thanks in advance.
Attachments
error.JPG

jllort

Re: Building error in development environment

Post by jllort » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:30 am

From where did you get the tomcat-8.5.24 ?
Check into server.xml if you have the entry Resource name="jdbc/OpenKMDS" uncomment ?
Depending on how you configure server from eclipse, it creates it's own server.xml when you execute from there, you should use the option I have marked in the screenshot.
support_521.png

w12315007
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by w12315007 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:37 am

Thanks for your reply.
the tomcat-8.5 is in the eclipse and I didn't do any change in tomcat or portable development environment (the ova doowload from openkm website) . I just add the openkm into the tomcat and debug. I checked the two points your mentioned and you can see reuslt in the attachment. It seems that these configures are right, do you have any other idears about this quesition? Thank you very much.
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG

jllort

Post by jllort » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:01 am

Consider review your code ( might be you have changed something ? ), but seems is looking for "openkmDS" and in server.xml there's "OpenkmDS" with O in uppercase.