• OPEN KM not working

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #22592  by rongok

Same happen here. I use Windows 7 32bit. I install in root of C: as per instruction. Unable to start tomcat. CATALINA_HOME environment variable not defined .. Please help.

Thanks.
 #22607  by jllort

We setup the setenv.bat for use 2048GB of ram, that's good for 64 bits machines but seems will have problems with 32. I suggest go to setenv.bat file into conf folder and all divide by two all memory parameters ( 2048 to 1024 ).

How much memory do you have ? and how much free ?
If error persist :
1- go to log server and delete all files
2- go to terminal into bin folder and execute catalina.bat run ( until the end, ensure you're not been able to access openkm from browser )
3- stop terminal and put here the catalina.log file
 #22674  by rongok

I have set memory parameters in setenv.bat according to your suggestion. I have 2BG memory and more than 1GB is free. I try to run the catalina.bat from terminal but failed. It gives this error: The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly, This environment variable is needed to run this program.

I check the logs folder and it's empty.

My setenv.bat contain is as below:
Code: Select all
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Dlog4j.configuration=file:///%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/log4j.properties
set PATH=%PATH%;%CATALINA_HOME%\lib\sigar

set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program~1\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin
Thanks
 #22704  by jllort

I do not know why is not setting correctly catalina_home well addd in setenv.bat the entry
set CATALINA_HOME=c:\.... ( the path of your tomcat ( do it at the top, the first line )
 #22746  by rongok

I follow your instruction but not working. Still the same error message.

Please help. I am using Windows 7 32bit, OpenKM 6.2.3 community edition windows installer and also tried OpenKM + tomcat bundle zip file. Java 1.7
 #22769  by jllort

- Delete all files into log folder
- Open terminal and go to bin folder then execute catalina.bat run
- Post here your log (zipped, please)
 #23068  by NickC

Trying to install openkm on debian linux 64. I have installed the java application and unzipped successfully the application+ tomcat. Upon trying to execute the file catalina.sh i get the following and nothing happens:
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/tomcat-7.0.27
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/tomcat-7.0.27
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/tomcat-7.0.27/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr
Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/tomcat-7.0.27/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/tomcat-7.0.27/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID:    /opt/tomcat-7.0.27/catalina.pid
Usage: catalina.sh ( commands ... )
commands:
  debug             Start Catalina in a debugger
  debug -security   Debug Catalina with a security manager
  jpda start        Start Catalina under JPDA debugger
  run               Start Catalina in the current window
  run -security     Start in the current window with security manager
  start             Start Catalina in a separate window
  start -security   Start in a separate window with security manager
  stop              Stop Catalina, waiting up to 5 seconds for the process to end
  stop n            Stop Catalina, waiting up to n seconds for the process to end
  stop -force       Stop Catalina, wait up to 5 seconds and then use kill -KILL if still running
  stop n -force     Stop Catalina, wait up to n seconds and then use kill -KILL if still running
  configtest        Run a basic syntax check on server.xml - check exit code for result
  version           What version of tomcat are you running?
Note: Waiting for the process to end and use of the -force option require that $CATALINA_PID is defined
PLEASE ADVISE
 #23098  by jllort

Are you executing from a terminal ? Try with command
./catalina.sh run
 #23298  by martech

do anything about installation but OpenKM dont work and localhost:8080/OpenKm message the below pls help me

HTTP Status 404 - /OpenKM

type Status report

message /OpenKM

description The requested resource is not available.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.40
 #23306  by jllort

OpenKM context is case sensitive you should write OpenKM with correctly uppercase not OpenKm then you will get this error
 #23316  by jllort

Correct way should be http://localhost:8080/OpenKM

Ensure you have not other application binding the port 8080 ( sometimes happens ). If take a look at /log/catalina.log you'll see if there's some error during startup, normally some binding error or similar

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.