• Hardisk Spindown doesnt work

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #15071  by caiden

Hello from Germany, :D

After I successfully installed OKM on my NAS with running Open Media Vault.
I have now found that the disks are no longer go into the standby mode(Spindown).
If I terminate the OKM service the diskdrive switch into standby after a couple of minutes.
What can I do, to standby the harddisk while OKM runs as a service?

Thanks
Caiden
 #15076  by okmuser

Hi,

I also noticed in my server that java (currently OpenKM is the only program that uses java in my server) accessing HDD's every 30ish seconds.

This may be something related to indexing the documents....?

cheers,
okmuser
 #15077  by caiden

Hello,

i think this is the java process.
Code: Select all
java -Dprogram.name=run.sh -server -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize~/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_31/lib/tools.jar org.jboss.Main -b 0.0.0.0
what can we do?

Thanks
Caiden
 #15095  by jllort

Is not good idea configuring openkm repository in a NAS ( NAS is not a SAN ) for performance reasons ... about your hardware problem, you could have some crontab task to make some periodical operation in your disk. Althought it I think is configuration hardware problem, you should take a look at your NAS configuration parameters, The solution it is not on OpenKM hand.
 #15102  by caiden

Hello jllort,

thanks for your answer.

But that is not true, it is openkm related or jboss(?) i think.
If i stop the Openkm Service(Jboss as well) the harddisk spindown works perfekt.

I have no cronjobs running.
If the OpenKM run as a Service i have the java process running see in post #3. I didnt now why
this process runs every x-seconds without any connection to the OpenKM webside.

Openmediavault is an NAS Solution on top of a Debian. I have installed the nas on a
normal DesktopPC and it works great.

Thanks
Caiden
 #15149  by pavila

OpenKM make an intensive use of the hard disk due to repository writes, index optimization between several other daemon process running. Don't expect the disk spin down while running OpenKM.
 #15156  by caiden

Hello,

i found the files which are constantly changing:
/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/data/hypersonic/OKM_APP.log
/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/data/hypersonic/OKM_APP.lck
/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/data/hypersonic/localDB.lck

i cannot understand why these files are constantly changed.
I think a .lck and .log file has has nothing to do with indexing.

Why okm writes the repository or create indexing while nobody works whith it.

Is it possible to change the location of the 3 files?

Thanks.

cheers,
caiden
 #15181  by pavila

As I can see you have the default HSQL embedded database and I recommend to install OpenKM using a real database like MySQL or PostgreSQL.

And as said in the previous post, there are processes running which make optimizations to the document repository.
 #15261  by caiden

Hi Pavila,

yeaaaaahhhhhhh, yes thats works fine!!!

After i change to mysql, the Harddisk now spin down.
:D :D :D
Now it works perfektly for me :-)

Thanks and best regards
Caiden

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.