• very slow download rate for icons

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #590  by oconesa

I have installed OpenKM + JBOSS + MODJK + APACHE2 + SSL and it works fine.
The only problem is the download of the little icons from es.git.openkm.frontend.Main/img/icon/loaded. They spend a lot of time downloading.

It is rare, because I can download and upload big files quickly (1 Mb).
 #593  by pavila

Do you mean OpenKM application icons or icons stored in OpenKM repository? Perhaps you should check Apache/mod_jk configuration and look for errors/warnings in Apache logs.
 #595  by oconesa

That\'s the problem. I haven\'t any error message neither in Apache/JK/SSL nor in JBOSS. The application run fine but the download of the application icons in /OpenKM.ear/OpenKM.war/es.git.openkm.frontend.Main/img/ too much time.

any idea?
 #597  by pavila

No, Perhaps Josep can helps you because he is the main frontend developer.
 #599  by oconesa

IMHO, even with the default configuration (OpenKM-2.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA.zip), the OpenKM application is a little slow mounting the framework and the windows of the user view. It spends some seconds downloading the icons and the images.

I was investigating the problem and I think that there is a problem with the GTW performance.

I have tried to put apache2/JK and some modules like mod_cache, mod_expire and mod_deflate but I cannot improve the performance.
 #601  by jllort

We\'ll I don\'t know what could cause the problem, on main openkm html we\'ve included some tags to prevent cache problems ( to prevent some cache problems between version changing on some clients, of course our developer friendly Internet Explorer )

<meta http-equiv=\"Cache-Control\" content=\"no-cache\" />
<meta http-equiv=\"Pragma\" content=\"no-cache\" />
<meta http-equiv=\"Expires\" content=\"0\" />

You could try to remove it and see what happens it\'s the only strange idea I can suggest you, because really img are stored in tipical server path there\'s nothing strange on it.

Which browser you\'re using ? Internet Explorer is so much slowers than firefox for example and image charging is more slowest ( you use it or occurs with the both browser clients ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.