• Upgrade how-to

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #7131  by srich

I had 5.0Beta installed and tried deploying the new .war file. However, when I started up jboss, i noticed several "column does not exist" errors. After trying several things, I resorted to changing hibernate.hbm2ddl=none to create, then back. Of course, that wipes out my permissions and users. How do you upgrade from one version to another without the loss of data?
 #7138  by pavila

The migration process will be document when version 5.0 is stable. Actually we are on Release Candidate phase, and we expect the final release soon.
 #7743  by akorn

Do I need to worry about users and permissions when upgrading from 4.1 to 5.0, if I store my users in LDAP?
 #7747  by pavila

Well, as stated in the wiki, the migration from 4.1 to 5.0 is heavy. The migration process ensure the migration of the documents, but not for users, roles, etc. This should be done by hand because depends on your database backend. Migration in future OpenKM released will be more simpler and will ensure the database related information to be preserved.

As usually we are open to ideas and improvements in this sense.
 #7751  by akorn

pavila wrote:Well, as stated in the wiki, the migration from 4.1 to 5.0 is heavy. The migration process ensure the migration of the documents, but not for users, roles, etc. This should be done by hand because depends on your database backend. Migration in future OpenKM released will be more simpler and will ensure the database related information to be preserved.

As usually we are open to ideas and improvements in this sense.
A straight reply to my question would be a huge improvement. :) My users and roles are in LDAP. Do I need to do anything about them when upgrading to 5.0?
 #7753  by jllort

There's some new property in OpenKM.cfg used in ldap for version 5.0 that not exist on 4.1, simply must add it, rest of properties are the same, has not been changed. ( If you don't add these two new properties on OpenKM.cfg there's no major problem, simply you'll not see roles when user will try from UI editing his own information, really it'll not be a great problem, because user when is connected to ldap can not change some values, are only for information purpose ).
 #7754  by akorn

jllort wrote:There's some new property in OpenKM.cfg used in ldap for version 5.0 that not exist on 4.1, simply must add it, rest of properties are the same, has not been changed. ( If you don't add these two new properties on OpenKM.cfg there's no major problem, simply you'll not see roles when user will try from UI editing his own information, really it'll not be a great problem, because user when is connected to ldap can not change some values, are only for information purpose ).
You mean the "atrib" vs. "attrib" typos? (I counted 3 of those: principal.ldap.role.attribute=cn, principal.ldap.user.attribute=uid, principal.ldap.mail.attribute=mail).

Or is there something I missed? There are only 7 hits for LDAP in the documentation wiki, and none appear to contain further information.
 #7768  by pavila

That's right, if you have users in LDAP you don't have to migrate them. The only tip, as Josep said, is the correction of a typo in the OpenKM.cfg properties.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.